Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Input from spacer (wheel) guys?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Input from spacer (wheel) guys?

I have some 1.25" spacers to put on but not sure if I want to or not. Read that you shouldn't use impact guns when rotating them and I doubt guys at a tire shop would care if I said not to so been a little iffy on putting mine on. I know plenty of people on here run them but just wondering what y'all do when it comes to rotating and balancing the tires. That's why I don't want to but I have the stock O/R rims with 285's with about .5" of clearance between the tire and UCA and that's why I want to. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
The only company i'd be safe using when it comes to wheel spacers is Spider Trax.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
That's what I have, Spidertrax 1.25"
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
I have some 1.25" spacers to put on but not sure if I want to or not. Read that you shouldn't use impact guns when rotating them and I doubt guys at a tire shop would care if I said not to so been a little iffy on putting mine on. I know plenty of people on here run them but just wondering what y'all do when it comes to rotating and balancing the tires. That's why I don't want to but I have the stock O/R rims with 285's with about .5" of clearance between the tire and UCA and that's why I want to. Thanks for the help!

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

1/2" is plenty of room.

Why add another failure point to the truck and increase the chances of wearing out parts when it is not needed?

Also if your worried about some shop screwing up your truck the easy fix is to rotate your tires yourself. A little manual labor never hurt anyone (if your physically capable).
Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
That's what I have, Spidertrax 1.25"
Good

If you're worried about idiots in a shop screwing up the wheels on your truck, just do it yourself.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #6

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Rotating I have no problem with but I don't have a way to balance them myself. Just figured 1/2" of clearance would be too close to comfort when offroading. Nothing hard though, just trails and dirt/rocky roads to campsites, things like that.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #7

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Another reason I ask is because I'm unsure about what rims to get as far as backspacing goes. I've read the sticky but it's almost as if it's a foreign language to me plus I like my stock rims now that they're black.