Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

And they said skinnys would be a bad idea.....

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
Tommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tommy
Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
And they said skinnys would be a bad idea.....

I got my 235/85R16 tires off road for the first time and they did awesome! They are Cooper AT3s on Tundra wheels. I will never have anything else but 85s.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
LOL
Old 01-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the club
I will never run wide tires. Skinnies have too much traction
Old 01-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
Tommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tommy
Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
Update: They are working great through the snow and ice. The tires are super quiet on the road. I would highly recommend the AT3s. Especially in the size.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
I've always liked tall & skinny, and yes I mean tires, better than wide.

I had 255/80/17 BFG KM2's on my Rubicon and everyone teased me about my tires looking like "pizza cutters" but they sure did work well.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
adrstout is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
adrstout's Tacoma Gallery
I went with 265s but in no way blame you for your choice. I chose the same tire. Just took them out today on some flooded backroads and into a little mud for the first time. Did AMAZING for an AT.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #8
fourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of light

fourbyfour's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy27 View Post
I got my 235/85R16 tires off road for the first time and they did awesome! They are Cooper AT3s on Tundra wheels. I will never have anything else but 85s.
Judging by the picture you posted, any tire would have done well in these conditions. The snow is 2cm deep and there isn't a hill around.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbyfour View Post
Judging by the picture you posted, any tire would have done well in these conditions. The snow is 2cm deep and there isn't a hill around.
Looks to me like he's already on the top of the hill...
Old 01-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #10
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
It's actually really easy to slow down and stop in the deep stuff
Old 01-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #11
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You a floatation guy ?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #12
fourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You a floatation guy ?
What do you mean by floatation guy?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #13
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What do you mean by floatation guy?
Some people feel a wide tire is better on snow ( floatation ) some like a narrower tire to cut through the snow
Old 01-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #14
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't really matter what you are, if you get where you wanna go.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Doesn't really matter what you are, if you get where you wanna go.
True nuff
Old 01-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Some people feel a wide tire is better on snow ( floatation ) some like a narrower tire to cut through the snow
Oh! I gotcha. I wouldn't consider myself either. Narrow tires are apparently great for digging into deep snow, providing you have something beneath the snow that will give you traction. Larger width tires would probably be better in situations where digging in deep snow would be useless.