LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

15" rims on a 2001 - quick question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chris
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Seventh
15" rims on a 2001 - quick question

I know this has to have been asked a billion times so my apologies in advance.

I've seen a bunch of builds with 2001s with 15" rims, and I'm about to pull the trigger on a lift and new tires/wheels. I have the stock 16x7s on there now.

Will a set of 15x8s fit on my 2001 4x4? I'm doing a bit of a budget build and have a chance to grab a set of 15x8 6-lug wagon wheels for $100. I'm not against running spacers if I have to, I'm just concerned that they won't fit over the rotors. I'd love to be able to get these Duratracs on there.

http://www.amazon.com/Goodyear-Wrang.../dp/B004QL66GQ

If anyone else has a 2001 like mine and confirm one way or the other, I'll owe you a beer.

Here's my truck now, for reference:

Old 01-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2000 with stock 15"alloys and (obviously) they clear the caliper just fine so as long as they didn't change their brake configuration too much in a year you should be able to run them no problem. I think it's 2nd gens that run the risk of clearing brake calipers more than 1st genz. we're cool like that
Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kodiak
01kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
you will clear them 15s people in hawaii only run 15s thats all they seem to like
Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
^ooooo konaborne sees that and there's gonna be a storm in here.....
Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kodiak
01kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'll refrase that most Hawaiians do..
Old 01-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
It all depends on the back spacing. If you can find some with 3.75" or less BS they should fit.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks very much folks.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
The wheels I'm running (wagon style) require trimming to clear the front of the caliper, though it's clearance on the face not the diameter.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
Insert witty title here

Air Force:
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, also great to know, thanks. I have a set of 1.25" Spidertrax spacers on it already, so if it's just the wheel itself that should give me the clearance, yeah?

I missed the first deal, but just paid for my lift and am on the mad tire/wheel hunt right now. A set of 5 15's is definitely cheaper than 5 16s so I'd really love to be able to go with the smaller diameter.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #10
Insert witty title here

Air Force:
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
The wheels I'm running (wagon style) require trimming to clear the front of the caliper, though it's clearance on the face not the diameter.
What part did you have to trim on the wheel itself? (A pic would be awesome, if you have the time).

DesertRat has a great deal on KM2s on rock crawlers that's right where my budget is, a little over a grand for 33's on 15s. (BFG08012US8458 / 33X10.50R15 BFG Mud Terrain T/A® KM2) I have 1.25" spacers and a 3" lift, but I'd hate to have them shipped across the country only to find out that they won't fit.

http://www.desertrat.com/products/?id=5286