Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Getting new wheels and they need to be cleaned *tips*

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #1
Archaic2021 has much to be proud ofArchaic2021 has much to be proud ofArchaic2021 has much to be proud ofArchaic2021 has much to be proud ofArchaic2021 has much to be proud ofArchaic2021 has much to be proud ofArchaic2021 has much to be proud ofArchaic2021 has much to be proud of
Archaic2021's Tacoma Gallery
Getting new wheels and they need to be cleaned *tips*

I'm trading my moto metal wheels and my nitto mud grapplers

for these

Now I know alot of people wouldnt do this but.

I dont' go offroad like I use to and even the stuff I do get in mainly at work isn't that bad.

The tires for a 16 inch wheel are a lot less than for my current 18's

I drive alot on the highway and i'm tired of hearing..bbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa.

and i'm getting some descent cash thrown my way

Anyways the wheels i'm getting are pretty dirty haven't been cleaned in awhile obviously. Any good polished out there where I could get them looking clean again. One center cap does have a light bit of rust on it...any suggestions?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:16 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
For the center cap, I'd just clean it up with some polish and a good coat of wax. If it's rusted now, that means the chrome has pitted and will rust again.

As far as cleaner, I'm a big fan of good 'ole elbow grease and a hand waxing with your favorite product. I like Meguiar's stuff, they seem to be easy to use and get good results.

Just a side note, those Coopers have some pretty serious cupping going on, to the point where it's noticable even in the picture. With that kind of cupping, don't be surprised if they're not overly quiet on the road either and they might cause a slight vibration at low speeds until they get worn flat again.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #3
Archaic2021 has much to be proud ofArchaic2021 has much to be proud ofArchaic2021 has much to be proud ofArchaic2021 has much to be proud ofArchaic2021 has much to be proud ofArchaic2021 has much to be proud ofArchaic2021 has much to be proud ofArchaic2021 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
For the center cap, I'd just clean it up with some polish and a good coat of wax. If it's rusted now, that means the chrome has pitted and will rust again.

As far as cleaner, I'm a big fan of good 'ole elbow grease and a hand waxing with your favorite product. I like Meguiar's stuff, they seem to be easy to use and get good results.

Just a side note, those Coopers have some pretty serious cupping going on, to the point where it's noticable even in the picture. With that kind of cupping, don't be surprised if they're not overly quiet on the road either and they might cause a slight vibration at low speeds until they get worn flat again.
What do you mean by cupping?

In person the seemed pretty smooth.

It can't be worse than what I already have.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
Personally the 18" wheels look better than those 16's. I would have just sold the nittos and got a less agressive 18" at tire.
We haven't traded yet If I could have found someone to buy them hell I would have.