1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Info on 2013 16" Stock Alloy Wheel (alloy wheel upgrade option)

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by GeauxLSU, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Jan 8, 2013 at 8:06 PM
    GeauxLSU

GeauxLSU [OP] Member

Member:
    New Orleans
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner V6 SR5
    These 16" alloy wheels came on my new 2013 Prerunner V6 DCSB. I asked the guys at the dealership for additional info on these wheels (wheel width, etc.) as I would be looking to change out the stock Dunlop tires with a new style tire and wanted to verify that the new tires I would purchase would fit properly. The guy in the parts department pretty much told me that they had no information on those wheels since they did not come from the factory, but were installed at the distribution centers as an upgrade option. Very helpful...:rolleyes:

Anybody got these same wheels and have any additional information they'd care to share?

71609739.jpg

2. Jan 21, 2013 at 7:48 PM
    GeauxLSU

GeauxLSU [OP] Member

Member:
    New Orleans
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner V6 SR5
    Anybody?

I'd like to be able to confirm that I can rip off the Dunlops and fit a 265/75R16 tire on these wheels. Admitting my ignorance on the subject, I'm just curious if wheel width plays a part, or is it pretty much that a 16" rim is a 16" rim, and it can fit the larger, wider tires just as well as the stock Dunlops fit on there.

3. Jan 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    Sje1124

Sje1124 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 DBL Cab TRD OR 4x4
    Just a few
    It shouldn't be a problem putting 265/75/16's on there.

4. Jan 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM
    SCSPerformance

SCSPerformance Stealth Custom Series™ Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Camburg LT kit DMZ SUA kit SCS wheels Destroyer Gray
    What is your current tire size? Typically, stepping up 1 or 2 sizes up shouldn't be an issue. Wheel widths do play a part in tire size selection. Most tire manufacturers will have a guideline of what's approved or not depending on the wheel width.

5. Apr 15, 2013 at 3:15 PM
    Live Oak

Live Oak Member

Member:
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 PreRunner SR-5 DoubleCab Long Bed
    I have the very same wheels on my new 2013 Tacoma Double Cab SR-5. I too was surprised when I noticed these did not match the ones on the Tacoma brochure. I began to think I got an aftermarket wheel. See my thread on 6 spokes I posted about a week ago. I don't think they look that bad actually, but I haven't seen them in my area yet. I'm near Houston, but the truck was sent here from San Antonio, Texas.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  6. Apr 15, 2013 at 3:19 PM
    Live Oak

Live Oak Member

Member:
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Here is a pic of mine....

P3020191.jpg

7. Apr 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    GeauxLSU

GeauxLSU [OP] Member

Member:
    New Orleans
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner V6 SR5
    Nice ride. I've got the same exact truck except mine's a short bed. Considering I picked up my Tacoma in the New Orleans area, it appears I got the same "Gulf States Toyota" wheel package that you did, which explains why nobody outside of the Gulf South region would be familiar with these wheels. (I'll reserve my comments on how I feel about having to put up with the Gulf States Toyota BS)

Any idea what the logo is on the center cap of the wheels? The only other place I've seen this logo is on the T-Force edition Tundras that Toyota put out a while back. Kind of weird that they would have this logo on the center cap of our wheels...

8. Apr 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    Live Oak

Live Oak Member

Member:
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    I have no idea about the logo on the center caps. Have you tried to take them off yet? They appear to have hex screws, but those may be fake. They may just pop off.

I do like the fact that the wheel weights on my 6*spoke wheels are on the inside, behind the spokes (stick-on type). The standard 5-spoke 16" alloy wheels I have seen on many Tacomas have them on the outside lip, which I have never liked. I've seen tire installers put plain lead (uncoated) weights on alloy wheels, which, besides the esthetics, usually scratch the finish. Where are the weights on yours?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  9. Apr 19, 2013 at 2:55 PM
    GeauxLSU

GeauxLSU [OP] Member

Member:
    New Orleans
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner V6 SR5
    Two of the six hex screws are real, the other four are fake. If you look close enough, you can see which two are the real ones and which are the fakes. The two real ones hold the center cap in place. Personally, I like that feature considering I had to replace multiple center caps on my old 1999 Tacoma's alloy wheels after the plastic clips which held them place would crack and break off over time.

And yeah, my wheel weights are in the same place as yours.

Products Discussed in

To Top