Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Info on 2013 16" Stock Alloy Wheel (alloy wheel upgrade option)

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
GeauxLSU is on a distinguished road

GeauxLSU's Tacoma Gallery
Info on 2013 16" Stock Alloy Wheel (alloy wheel upgrade option)

These 16" alloy wheels came on my new 2013 Prerunner V6 DCSB. I asked the guys at the dealership for additional info on these wheels (wheel width, etc.) as I would be looking to change out the stock Dunlop tires with a new style tire and wanted to verify that the new tires I would purchase would fit properly. The guy in the parts department pretty much told me that they had no information on those wheels since they did not come from the factory, but were installed at the distribution centers as an upgrade option. Very helpful...

Anybody got these same wheels and have any additional information they'd care to share?

Info on 2013 16" Stock Alloy Wheel (alloy wheel upgrade option)-71609739.jpg
Old 01-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #2

Anybody?

I'd like to be able to confirm that I can rip off the Dunlops and fit a 265/75R16 tire on these wheels. Admitting my ignorance on the subject, I'm just curious if wheel width plays a part, or is it pretty much that a 16" rim is a 16" rim, and it can fit the larger, wider tires just as well as the stock Dunlops fit on there.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
It shouldn't be a problem putting 265/75/16's on there.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
What is your current tire size? Typically, stepping up 1 or 2 sizes up shouldn't be an issue. Wheel widths do play a part in tire size selection. Most tire manufacturers will have a guideline of what's approved or not depending on the wheel width.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
Live Oak is on a distinguished road
Live Oak's Tacoma Gallery
I have the very same wheels on my new 2013 Tacoma Double Cab SR-5. I too was surprised when I noticed these did not match the ones on the Tacoma brochure. I began to think I got an aftermarket wheel. See my thread on 6 spokes I posted about a week ago. I don't think they look that bad actually, but I haven't seen them in my area yet. I'm near Houston, but the truck was sent here from San Antonio, Texas.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
Here is a pic of mine....

Info on 2013 16" Stock Alloy Wheel (alloy wheel upgrade option)-p3020191.jpg
Old 04-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #7

Nice ride. I've got the same exact truck except mine's a short bed. Considering I picked up my Tacoma in the New Orleans area, it appears I got the same "Gulf States Toyota" wheel package that you did, which explains why nobody outside of the Gulf South region would be familiar with these wheels. (I'll reserve my comments on how I feel about having to put up with the Gulf States Toyota BS)

Any idea what the logo is on the center cap of the wheels? The only other place I've seen this logo is on the T-Force edition Tundras that Toyota put out a while back. Kind of weird that they would have this logo on the center cap of our wheels...
Old 04-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #8
I have no idea about the logo on the center caps. Have you tried to take them off yet? They appear to have hex screws, but those may be fake. They may just pop off.

I do like the fact that the wheel weights on my 6*spoke wheels are on the inside, behind the spokes (stick-on type). The standard 5-spoke 16" alloy wheels I have seen on many Tacomas have them on the outside lip, which I have never liked. I've seen tire installers put plain lead (uncoated) weights on alloy wheels, which, besides the esthetics, usually scratch the finish. Where are the weights on yours?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #9

Two of the six hex screws are real, the other four are fake. If you look close enough, you can see which two are the real ones and which are the fakes. The two real ones hold the center cap in place. Personally, I like that feature considering I had to replace multiple center caps on my old 1999 Tacoma's alloy wheels after the plastic clips which held them place would crack and break off over time.

And yeah, my wheel weights are in the same place as yours.