Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Which Lugs To Buy

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Which Lugs To Buy

I am finally getting tires for my trd beadlock wheels. The wheels specifically call for spline drive conical seat lug nuts. I read on here that another member bought black mcgard nuts from summit which will cost about $145. The toyota recommended kit is about $130 and only comes in chrome. Pep boys sells White Knight brand nuts in black for about $40 for 24 of them. I want them in black & money is an issue, but so is quality and safety. Any experience with WK brand lugs? Any alternatives? Any experience with mounting these wheels? What did Toyota use for the tx pros? Thanks in advance TW!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Paying too much for a set of lugs. I've bought several sets from amazon (gorilla brand) for less than $50.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ok. I'll check it out. Thanks. Anyone else? I actually have to go to work but I'll check in later and respond accordingly.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
I went the cheap route, but I think I would've preferred the mcgards from summit. I think there is something to be said for quality, even in something as small as a nut. Tax time is here.