Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

tires on or off when painting wheels?

View Poll Results: did you paint your wheels with tires on or off?
tires off 1 25.00%
tires on 3 75.00%
leave your wheels alone 0 0%
don't know, i had them painted by a pro 0 0%
they were already painted when i bought em 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
tires on or off when painting wheels?

i have been considering painting my wheels black for a while. which way did you paint yours?

how they look now

i know, i need bigger tires... lol
Old 01-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
on is fine and easier IMO.... get some big go fish or skip-bo cards, and tuck them in the lip of the tire where it meets the wheel... standby for pic of example.

edit: here ya go!

Old 01-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #3
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
i left mine on just for the convenience. tucked index cards into rim lip and sprayed away.

/e; nice 650H1
Old 01-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #4
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
dont forget to cut a trashbag and stuff it behind the wheel and cover your brakes
Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #5
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks for the pointers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
dont forget to cut a trashbag and stuff it behind the wheel and cover your brakes
well i do plan to remove the wheels from the truck
Old 01-12-2013, 01:40 AM   #6
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
I plastiderped mine, took them off the truck and sprayed away. Been on for 6 months no problems.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:53 AM   #7
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
HawaiiTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to Plasti-Dip mines today but decided I want to remove them. Was going to do them with wheels on but changed my mind last second. I think it's easier to remove the wheels, my friend is a painter and always removes the wheels for painting.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:58 AM   #8
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Paint and plastidip are totally different, u can take them off but it's just am extra unnecessary step IMHO
Old 01-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #9
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Paint and plastidip are totally different, u can take them off but it's just am extra unnecessary step IMHO
well i'm not doing it until i'm settled into school, i wont be staying in huntsville till after my eye doctor appointment the 15th, shsu starts the 16th.
maybe u can help me? i've never used plastiderp before
Old 01-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
well i'm not doing it until i'm settled into school, i wont be staying in huntsville till after my eye doctor appointment the 15th, shsu starts the 16th.
maybe u can help me? i've never used plastiderp before
Yeah I'm sure we can work something out, plastidip is super easy to use. If you mess up you can wipe it off (if you just sprayed it) or hit it with a pressure washer and it'll come off
Old 01-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #11
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Yeah I'm sure we can work something out, plastidip is super easy to use. If you mess up you can wipe it off (if you just sprayed it) or hit it with a pressure washer and it'll come off
the reason i may need help, is mostly cuz i have no decent jack or stands... still waiting on a family friend to give me a bunch of her dad's old tools she promised me months ago...