Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

NELZTACO IS FINALLY GETTING NEW WHEELS AND TIRES

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
NELZTACO IS FINALLY GETTING NEW WHEELS AND TIRES

After 50000 miles my stock Bridgestones failed PA state inspection. I have had black TRD beadlock wheels waiting patiently in the wings for years now. So I ordered my BFGoodrich Mud Terrains in 255/85/16. I have Eibach coils up front And the TSB 4 leafs in the rear. I know. 3 inches! Trim! It is what it is. Bilstein 5100's and an add a leaf shouldn't be too hard to acquire. I am gonna shove them in there as is for shits & giggles anyway. And I'm gonna share it with all of you. Using my daughter's much better camera than the crappy cell pics I've posted over the years I will take pictures along the way. I'm gonna have to wash the truck tomorrow so it looks good in the before and after pictures.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on your upgrade!!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thank you miss. Thank you.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
It is done. I have to trim but I think I can keep my mud flaps. I drove it around running errands and stuff this evening. I definitely hear the tires, but i've never had mt's before. The ride is still smooth because I didn't change the suspension. The offset/backspacing is perfect for this width tire. It puts the tires right in line with the outer edge of the truck.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #5

Old 01-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #7

Old 01-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #8
Thanks ChamYota!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #9
My opinion is this is just about the maximum you can do to a truck that you regularly use on the street. I have got an almost car-like ride with the Eibach coils. No matter how much I lift it the rear axle height isn't gonna change unless I go bigger tires. These tires will still go into the wheelwells as others have demonstrated. As far as trimming the right front mud flap is the biggest offender. It happens when making a right turn. It's peculiar that the left mudflap doesn't make contact at all.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #10
Some before shots.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #11
Old 01-15-2013, 12:10 AM   #12
Another from earlier today! I need a sunny day to take some more pics. Can you tell I really like the new tires?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #13
The sun finally came out yesterday.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #14
Old 01-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #15
MikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MikeyMcFly's Tacoma Gallery
Wow...those tires look huge on the truck.

I didn't even think you were lifted at first based on the fender gap. Looking great though.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #16
Yeah. Just Eibach coils and the tsb. Compared to most others it looks low, like you said. Some have said with the double cab you only get an inch of lift. I might do the billy's @ .85 and small tsb add a leaf eventually. I love the tire size and wheels though. Thank you.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #17
Another little update. Immediately after installation the tires rubbed significantly on the right front mud flap. But only on the right side. If you walked from one side of the truck to the other and compared the gap from tire to mud flap, it was less on the right side. I trimmed that mud flap significantly and still had rubbing on certain right hand turns. Well alignment showed the caster was way out of spec. So I'll be in the market for used mud flaps soon! These pop up all the time in mint condition because a lot of owners just remove them from brand new trucks.