Notices

Lockers on my truck??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
Lockers on my truck??

I have a 2011 Trd sport 2wd , do I have lockers ? Is it likely for me to get stuck on a trail ? If I do how do I activate it or tell when it's not or not
Old 01-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilminasian View Post
I have a 2011 Trd sport 2wd , do I have lockers ?
Nope

Quote:
Is it likely for me to get stuck on a trail ?
Yep. It's a 2WD after all.

Quote:
If I do how do I activate it or tell when it's not or not
If you had a locker, there would be a button on the dash labeled "RR DIFF LOCK".
Old 01-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
You prolly have an open diff that acts a limited slip through the brake system. i know it's spelled probably btw.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
Duck Fan
SalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SalemCBR's Tacoma Gallery
Prolly so.

My understanding is that TRD off roads have the e lockers. TRD sports are all open differential. You would certainly see the button. ...and a dash indicator light.

Glorified mini van on the trail... but it looks way better. ...and it has a non functional hood scoop.

As long as one wheel isn't slipping you wouldn't get stuck. That's prolly obvious though.

Prolly.