Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

33" tires with aftermarket bumper?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
fourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of light

fourbyfour's Tacoma Gallery
33" tires with aftermarket bumper?

I know this question gets asked 10 times a day, and I know that 33" tires will not fit with a 3" lift without some rubbing, but will it make a difference if I'm using an after market steel bumper? They seem to open up the wheel wells a bit more in pictures I've seen. Any thoughts?
Old 01-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
33's do fit on 3" lift. I did it before on stock bumper w/o mud flaps.
But with your question, It will free up space in the front wheel well but the rear portion is what I find most troublesome, but should not be an issue with proper offset wheels.
Caster settings can also eliminate rubbing.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost JuNkY View Post
33's do fit on 3" lift. I did it before on stock bumper w/o mud flaps.
But with your question, It will free up space in the front wheel well but the rear portion is what I find most troublesome, but should not be an issue with proper offset wheels.
Caster settings can also eliminate rubbing.
Couldn't have said it better.