Notices

HELP!!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
WhiskeyTango is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
WhiskeyTango's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation HELP!!!

Well I'm popping my thread cherry with this one! Anyway here is my problem, I have had the stock tires on my 2012 Taco 4x2 Access Cab SR5 Automatic I-4 since I bought it in June of this year, well one of my tires side walls decided to completely blowup so I figure it is time for new tires. My stock tires are 215/70-15 and I was wondering how big I can do With out any trimming or rubbing as well as not messing with my gears. I was looking at 265/70-15 A/T but wasn't sure had much power lack I would be expecting. Thanks everyone for your input!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
JRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to behold
Army: DOD Civilian
Name: Justin
JRFugitt's Tacoma Gallery
X2
I would't go too big. P 215/70R15 to P235/75R15 is a decent size change. I doubt P265/70R15 will fit without some suspension work or trimming. P235's should give it a softer ride with very little change in performance. Just remember you will be going about 5 to 7 mph faster at highway speeds than your speedo says, not too noticeable around town maybe 1-3 mph.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
WhiskeyTango is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
WhiskeyTango's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not to worried about the speedometer because I can always get it calibrated but the 215/70-15 I have on it now look way to small, I want something that looks meatier but without havin to change my rim size. I plan on doing it later when obey a lift but I need something to fill the void until then