Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Lug Nuts

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
jwtayl01 is on a distinguished road
jwtayl01's Tacoma Gallery
Lug Nuts

I hope I am not repeating a question, but I have searched and not really seen anything that answers my questions.

I have an 09 tacoma with alloy wheels. I went to rotate my tires, and it seems the tire shop that did the last rotation/balance messed up the lugs. My 21 mm socket no longer fits hardly any of the lugs. Rather than spend my time fighting with the Monroe guy, I thought I would just get new lugs. I can't seem to find any that fit the factory lugs. I like the gorilla's but can't seem to figure out what exactly fits or the correct ones for my application. I saw some at wheelers, but they seem really steep at $4 each. Maybe I will just go back to the OEM from Toyota. I like the spline ones but this seems to be even more impossible to find.

Can I use the "cone" style or am I locked into the "mag" style with the washers.

Lots of inconsistant info out there. Thanks of for the help, Jesse
Old 01-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
JasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JasperOffroad's Tacoma Gallery
You have to use the lugs with washers on those factory wheels.

It doesn't sound like you really NEED to get a new set right now so it might be wise to keep an eye out on Craigslist or Ebay for a while and wait for a set to pop up.