Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Spidertrax wheel spacers

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
Spidertrax wheel spacers

I've decided to run my stock wheels for a while until I find a 16" wheel I like and doesn't cost 800 bucks for 4. I've ordered the Spidertrax wheel spacers and man do they look big. I only want my wheels and tires to stick out about an inch or so. Does anybody that has them on their trucks have pictures or just let me know so I can check out your gallery.

Thanks guys

Gary
Old 02-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
you can get them in an inch thickness... all the way up to 3"
Old 02-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #3
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

the ones I got are 1.25"
Old 02-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
My other ride Hovers

That's what I was looking for! Thanks. Are you running the spacers on all 4 wheels? Also are those 285/75/16's?
Old 02-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
I'm running the 1.25" spidertrax...

Before:

After:
I think toyota should have done that from the start.....Makes the Tacoma look even more Beefy
Old 02-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
Drew793 will become famous soon enoughDrew793 will become famous soon enough

Drew793's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the Spidertrax 1.25" spacers on stock rims and wheels on my 08 TRD off road. they will bring the tire out close to the edge of the fender flare. You'll like the result. Not too radical but nicer than stock.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
Drew793 will become famous soon enoughDrew793 will become famous soon enough

Drew793's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
I think toyota should have done that from the start.....Makes the Tacoma look even more Beefy
X2
Old 03-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I havent heard any rubbing issues with the spacers. I think if all it will void it a little bit because your bringing the tires out away from the fender
Old 03-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #12
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you guys order ur spidertrax wheel spacers? The site says it is sold out.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #14
gtz85350 is on a distinguished road
gtz85350's Tacoma Gallery
For the guys running them, any change of driving characteristics or does it still feel stock?? Would this help run larger tires(285s) on the stock rim and clear the UCA? I notice if i upgraded to a larger tire, it would rub on my UCA...
Old 03-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #15
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtz85350 View Post
For the guys running them, any change of driving characteristics or does it still feel stock?? Would this help run larger tires(285s) on the stock rim and clear the UCA? I notice if i upgraded to a larger tire, it would rub on my UCA...
wider stance is better from what I have heard but i could not tell a definitive difference by only putting on the spacers. It will let you clear the ucs'a with the 285's but i do sometimes rub my bodymounts (not for long, getting them chopped soon!)

Edit: 285's will not work on stock height with spacers, you need the lift too.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #16
gtz85350 is on a distinguished road
gtz85350's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha drak night! I got a spacer so i would be able to clear, maybe a slight rub on the mounts. thanks!
Old 03-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #18
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithB View Post
I would think it would rub the fender more when turning being out further from the frame.
you do have to trim a little on the fender flare after removing the mud flaps. that is also why you may get some body mount rub while the suspension is flexed
Old 03-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #19
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
HBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HBtacoma
so im riding stock right now but just got the rcd 4.5 lift, im thinking i want to use my stock wheels and jut buy the biggest tire i can fit, but i heard ill be rubbing so that means i will need a wheel spacers right?

and if i do go this way whats the biggest M/T tire i can put on my stock trd wheels?

-thanks
Old 03-18-2009, 05:11 AM   #20
East Bound and Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtacoma View Post
so im riding stock right now but just got the rcd 4.5 lift, im thinking i want to use my stock wheels and jut buy the biggest tire i can fit, but i heard ill be rubbing so that means i will need a wheel spacers right?

and if i do go this way whats the biggest M/T tire i can put on my stock trd wheels?

-thanks
yes wheel spacers. Biggest will still be 285/70/17