Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

alignment before or after 285s

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
slo2sixty is on a distinguished road

slo2sixty's Tacoma Gallery
alignment before or after 285s

I couldn't find an answer with a search. i just did my lift OME 885 LR UCA dakars and nitrocharger sports. I have 285 70 17 duratracs in the basement but my wheels wont be here until tomorrow. So my question here is should i get it aligned now or wait till i get my wheels and tires on? Sorry if its been covered already because i couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
It wont kill you to wait a few days
Old 01-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The wheels and tire change won't affect the alignment , so you could do it now
Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I'd just play it safe and wait until you get the new stuff on then get it aligned.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #5

Thanks oz. I figured as much just wanted some reassurance. Plus i have today off from work, time to call the shop!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I'd just play it safe and wait until you get the new stuff on then get it aligned.
also not a bad plan as it would insure your new wheels have no fitament issues
Old 01-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
also not a bad plan as it would insure your new wheels have no fitament issues
X2.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #8

I got scs stealth six on the way. I know that i need to trim the fenders and such, but overall fitment im not worried about. 17x8.5 4.3bs and -10mm offset. Maybe i will just wait until wed when their installed. haha
Old 01-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo2sixty View Post
I got scs stealth six on the way. I know that i need to trim the fenders and such, but overall fitment im not worried about. 17x8.5 4.3bs and -10mm offset. Maybe i will just wait until wed when their installed. haha
Thats what I would do and its only a couple more days. You only want to do things once.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Thats what I would do and its only a couple more days. You only want to do things once.
I agree

It would be different if we were talking weeks
Old 01-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #11
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have your exact setup. Lots of trimming and cab mount chop
Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #12

Thanks for the info everyone. Im going to wait till wed. Good thing i know some welders. How bad did the cab mount rub?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #13
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pretty bad. It rubbed without the suspension flexed during normal driving. Driving home from the shop was fun, i was taking corners like an 18 wheeler i only got 2.5" of lift tho, you may have gotten more. Good choices on the lift tires and wheels +1
You could have the alignment guy get your caster numbers high to help the rubbing, but you will have to cut more off of the front fender then. Probably a good idea to wait. It might be worth it to get the tires and wheels mounted and balanced and just throw them in the back of the truck until you have access to tools. Did you get new lugs?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #14

Yea i have a 10mm spacer up front as well. pretty tall.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #15
RjTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Rj
RjTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wait till you get the tires your going to run on your truck.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Yea i have a 10mm spacer up front as well. pretty tall.
Nice that will help for sure, i don't have top plate spacers. You might be alright for normal driving then
Old 01-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #17

What were your alignment specs Evan?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #18

Quote:
What were your alignment specs Evan?
I dont remember exactly but caster was 2.5 and 2.7 toe and camber were both close to 0
Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #19
JasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JasperOffroad's Tacoma Gallery
Tire choice has no effect on alignment.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #20
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
I dont remember exactly but caster was 2.5 and 2.7 toe and camber were both close to 0
you dont have a pull? and what does your toe look like.

reason im asking is because i work at a tire shop and i am the main alignment guy and you should have a -0.5 caster split and you got a -0.2