Nitto Trail Grapplers 80 22.41%
Other 58 16.25%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #21
berg2065 is on a distinguished road
berg2065's Tacoma Gallery
Kelly Safari TSR

I will muddy the waters even more with another option, Kelly Safari TSR's. I am currently running these in a 265/70/17 and have almost 29K on them. Wear has been good and even. I have 12/32 tread left, spec is 18/32 new.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #22
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Love my Toyo MT/s. Had my first set for 5 years and sold them with a lot of tread left. Theywere driven on everyday about 10 miles or so(at minimum) and went to Tennessee and back 2 or 3 times. They are pricey and a bit on the heavy side but I love em!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #23
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
I love my adventuro's, great mud traction, good ice and snow traction for an m/t and pretty quiet on the road. I noticed you had those on your old rig, how'd you like them? I just voted for them because i have them and like them.
If not, get thronbirds!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #25
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto Grapplers
Old 01-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #26
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by berg2065 View Post
I will muddy the waters even more with another option, Kelly Safari TSR's. I am currently running these in a 265/70/17 and have almost 29K on them. Wear has been good and even. I have 12/32 tread left, spec is 18/32 new.

Sharp looking tire berg. OP I see this tire, like the Duratracs are available in Load C (at least in some sizes). Unlike most MTs this makes for a lighter tire and better MPGs. Albeit not ideal for hardcore offroading.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #27
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
I have ProComp Xtreme MT's on my truck now, they are near the end of their life. Worn just past the siping as of now. When they were new, they were awesome. Aired down, they floated on deep snow, aired up, they dug till they found something to bite on. Mud good when new. They throw rocks like a Mo-Fo. They used to be quiet, but now.....I cannot wait till they are gone. Kind of pricey as well.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #28
trd2011 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
trd2011's Tacoma Gallery
I have 265/75R16 Toyo MT's and love em. I've got over 40,000 miles on them and they still have alot of tread left. They are 10ply which makes them heavy but I havent had any problem with them. The main thing is to keep them rotated. Check out my pics, you might can tell a little bit about how much tread is left.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:24 AM   #29
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Mud tires are GREAT for mud, but terrible on almost everything else...what you need is a tire that LOOKS aggressive, but rides and handles well.

I put some inexpensive MudStar Mud Terrains M/T and while they do GREAT in deep, soft mud, they tear up my gravel roads.

Why don't you get the Cooper STT, they are still made in the US
Old 01-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #31
diesel30 is on a distinguished road

diesel30's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the fierce Attitude M/T's as well. Not too much noise from a big lug tire and the grip anything is a hair short of amazing. Have 15000 miles on them and they look like they barely have any wear!!
Attached Thumbnails
Which Tires?-tacoma-006.jpg  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #32
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
I voted for KM2s. Road noise is there, but imo I think that it's pretty quiet for a MT tire. The only department where it lacks is when it's raining. They do not perform well at all when the road surface is wet. I finally had a chance to test them out this past weekend with a little bit of offroading and I was impressed. There were quite a few trails where the majority of the other Tacomas in the group either struggled or didn't make it through, but I was able to truck on without a hiccup. The lugs didn't chug off like my previous set of Maxxis Buckshot through the loose rock/dirt areas.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #34
Hellbound
Metalhead505 is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
Metalhead505's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipskip View Post
Cooper Discoverer STT™

Loves these tires!
STT rubber is way to soft, melted away, ST are way better wear
Duratrac & Dynopro MT awesome all around tire good wear IMO
I was lookin at the Dunlops KM2 but idk

It's all up to you
Old 02-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #35
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
So got my MTRs installed today. So far they look damn good IMO, and they are pretty quiet at highway speeds (60mph) compared to my BFG ATs.....I will post more info after I get some more miles on them

Old 02-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #36
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook

another option...

jmo... these work better off road and on then muh previous KMII's

295/75/16 8ply RT03 left - 285/75/16 10 ply KMII right

new KMII left - new RT03 right

Old 02-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #38
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Kumho's I wish they came in my size!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #40
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
hey OP, just curious where you are finding your dick cepeks at the posted price, i'm considering these myself. the little bit of siping is nice to have and all the reviews i can find online state excellent road manners for an mud tire. thanks.