Goodyear Wrangler MT R's 34 9.60%
Khumo Road Venture MT's 6 1.69%
BF Goodrich KM2's 61 17.23%
Nitto Trail Grapplers 80 22.60%
Other 58 16.38%
Voters: 354. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #41
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
hey OP, just curious where you are finding your dick cepeks at the posted price, i'm considering these myself. the little bit of siping is nice to have and all the reviews i can find online state excellent road manners for an mud tire. thanks.
https://www.onlinetires.com/products...+108q+owl.html
Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #42
PB
paulie7890703 is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Paul
paulie7890703's Tacoma Gallery
i have had the nitto terra graplers on my 2010 tundra, and i never once got stuck in the snow in colorado, the sand dunes in el paso texas, the mud in the great smokies, i put 20k miles on them when i traded my truck and the tires looked liked they had lost not 10%, you could still see the grooves on the outsides edges of the tire meetnig the tread and just tell they were going to last a while.
p.s. i also towed a 21ft enclosed car hauler trailer for 1700 miles. (total weight 20,000lbs including the truck) i would buy those tires again in a heart beat. but now i am looking for a little more meat, im sold on the reviews of the toyo m/t's. i love how aggressive they look but at the same time reviews for highway noise is the lowest in comparison to others
Old 02-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #43
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the link OP
Old 02-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #44
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
I went from BFG AT's to Duratrac's and I absolutely love them. I did get them for winter though and they will not fail you in any snow.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #45
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
KM2...most proven off road tire...period.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #46
TXPRO4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
TXPRO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
I went from BFG AT's to Duratrac's and I absolutely love them. I did get them for winter though and they will not fail you in any snow.
Looking for new tires, what didnt you like about the bfg's ? Where they ko's?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #48
Faryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
Think about sipping them!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #49
greyeyezz is on a distinguished road
greyeyezz's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't need an aggressive tire don't get them unless you like shelling out a lot more for gas. Trust me I took a 2-3 mpg hit with AT tires I don't really need.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #50
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqoma View Post
I love my Toyo MT's. Definitely shop around for them b/c out here in LA the prices varied greatly. Some wanted $350 per tire, and the shop I bought them from was only $265 each, mounted and balance no extra charge.

toyos are way too heavy and your MPG's will suffer alot every 1 pound of tire weight is 7 pounds of rolling resistance. Look at weight as well
Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #51

They dont make dura tracs in p265\70r16. :'( . Going bfg a\t.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #52

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyeyezz View Post
If you don't need an aggressive tire don't get them unless you like shelling out a lot more for gas. Trust me I took a 2-3 mpg hit with AT tires I don't really need.
What tire?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #53
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
i was dead set on getting the goodyear mtr because of the nice tread pattern and glowing reviews. but now, i think im going to go for the firestone destination mt because the thread pattern looks a little more aggresive and its something not a lot of people run. figure ill try it and give a review when i get them.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
i was dead set on getting the goodyear mtr because of the nice tread pattern and glowing reviews. but now, i think im going to go for the firestone destination mt because the thread pattern looks a little more aggresive and its something not a lot of people run. figure ill try it and give a review when i get them.
Not a bad price for an mt too. Have not been able to find what the guarantee milage is though
Not a bad option.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #55
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Not a fan of the Kum Ho's, or anything vehicle related from Korea to be exact.

I'm running cheapo Falken's though.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #56
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Not a fan of the Kum Ho's, or anything vehicle related from Korea to be exact.

I'm running cheapo Falken's though.
Got you beat, I'm running Sailun brand tires....
Old 02-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #57
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
txpro: yeah man i agree. the price was very nice. i didnt even know that firestone made an mud tire till the other day (well actually i did, i just didnt look too much into it LOL). costed me 1030.00, and this is in hawaii! the mtrs wouldve costed me 1250.00. i hear people pushing 40k+ out of these tires, with routine maintenance. i do read of reviews where people had their lug chunk off from hard off roading. in my case, thats a non issue, since im not gonna be doing anything hardcore LOL.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #58
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Got you beat, I'm running Sailun brand tires....
Dafuq? Lol, at least people have heard of mine.

Running those tires must feel like wearing off-brand Sketchers...
JK
Old 02-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Dafuq? Lol, at least people have heard of mine.

Running those tires must feel like wearing off-brand Sketchers...
JK
Haha give it 5-6 weeks and I should be running BF Goodrich...
Old 02-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #60
greyeyezz is on a distinguished road
greyeyezz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPRO4X4 View Post
What tire?
Dunlop AT20 to Michelin LTX AT2.

After doing some reading, even if I went with the stock Dunlops I still would have taken a MPG hit. Going from all most no tread to brand new tread = more friction = less MPG.