Khumo Road Venture MT's 6 1.69%
BF Goodrich KM2's 62 17.46%
Nitto Trail Grapplers 80 22.54%
Other 58 16.34%
Voters: 355. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #82
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
nitto mud grapplers for me... probably my next tire will be KM2's tho just to try a variety.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #83
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
tig1's Tacoma Gallery
Which tire

Haven't had them offroad yet,but Toyo Open Country A/T II,in a P rating.

later tig1
Old 06-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #84
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: luke
LukeBo4x4's Tacoma Gallery
BOGGERS FTW!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #85
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the kumho kl78 right now and for the price I think it's a really good tire. Quieter than most others on the road and very smooth. Handle well in all conditions. I have ran at kos and dueler ats and a variety of others over the last 15 yrs and am very pleased with these.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #87
fau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to all
Name: Tom
fau8823's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
Hankook MT, they have good reviews as well
I'm thinking about these as well. Anyone running them here? How are they in all conditions and on mpgs? It looks like they offer them in a C, which would not kill my mpg too much. I have the Hankook ATMs right now and love them. Just want something more aggressive.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #88
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #89
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
Hankook MT, they have good reviews as well
Pretty sure those are gonna be my next tire...I'm gonna bump up to a 295 I reckon lol
Old 07-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #90
BLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Iain
BLACKnBLUE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fau8823 View Post
I'm thinking about these as well. Anyone running them here? How are they in all conditions and on mpgs? It looks like they offer them in a C, which would not kill my mpg too much. I have the Hankook ATMs right now and love them. Just want something more aggressive.
x2

I am also running the ATMs and am looking at the MTs - while I do 95%+ highway driving I just want the more aggressive look. I am also considering Nitto Terra Grapplers, the Duratracs (which seem to be VERY popular), and the S/T MAXX. So many options and TOO many opinions
Old 08-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #91
You can't see me
dand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
dand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmobbins View Post
When I compared the weight of most the A/T and M/T tires out there, the Duratracs were one of the lightest. That means less power loss, and better gas mileage FWIW.
And most likely wear out the soonest.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:57 AM   #95
1st TuRD in Canada ( gen2)
vtxblack is on a distinguished road
vtxblack's Tacoma Gallery
I run my tires in the winter (or rain) so siping was important to me. I bought Duratracs and also looked into many youtube videos on siping off road tires using a IDEAL brand tire grooving tool. I may one day redo my Duratracs when the factory sipes wear down if there tread blocks are still deep enough.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:51 PM   #96
tacofox is just really nicetacofox is just really nicetacofox is just really nicetacofox is just really nicetacofox is just really nice
Air Force:
Name: Isaac
tacofox's Tacoma Gallery
Give guard dogs a try their retreads from bfg and my buddy had them on his truck and he got about 30 out of them for 265s its about 550 after every thing I'm thinking about putting them on my taco
Old 01-18-2014, 05:05 AM   #97
bearcop1 is on a distinguished road
Army: Airborne
Name: Joe
bearcop1's Tacoma Gallery
tire choice

For a good all around tire you can't beat the Goodyear Silent Armor in a 6 or 10 ply. You need the extra plies in the sidewalls both for weight and sidewall protection. I am a retired game warden from PA and these tires are all we ran on our patrol vehicles. Nobody goes where we go in the course of our job duties and I run these on my 2008 Tacoma.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:11 AM   #98
THE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to allTHE SCHIRMINATOR is a name known to all

Name: Ryan
THE SCHIRMINATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Defiantly give treadwright tires a thought. Yes they are retreads...but don't let the majority tell you they are not. The ones who bash them have never owned a set. Iv got 265/75/16 guard dogs on my truck and are very nice tires.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:31 AM   #99
bluedust is on a distinguished road
Name: Patrick
bluedust's Tacoma Gallery
I put toyo open county II on also this past November, 2,500 mile on them so far

Very happy
Old 01-18-2014, 07:05 AM   #100
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Goodyear Wrangler MT r's - $939.53

These seem to me the new popular tire around Tacomaworld, other than that I really don't know anything. The thing I don't like about them is that thy driver side set will have a different tread pattern direction from the passenger side... Would bug the crap out of me!
If you're talking about that assymetric tread block (2nd block from left in your picture) not to worry - it's always inside of center when the tires are mounted.

If you're talking about how the outer tread block is "pointed" towards the front or the back of the truck when you're looking at the top of the tire - well then yes that's true and that's a minor variation, but it's true of many other tires in your list as well. Best go with KM2s which will look identical on both sides if that's the case. I'm not aware of any unidirectional MT tires.

EDIT: The Khumo Road Venture MT site talks about it being a "directional tread." But then - if you're running a directional off road tire - what do you do for your spare? Pick a different non-directional tire altogether?