Goodyear Wrangler MT R's 34 9.63%
Khumo Road Venture MT's 6 1.70%
BF Goodrich KM2's 60 17.00%
Nitto Trail Grapplers 80 22.66%
Other 58 16.43%
Voters: 353. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Which Tires?

So I need to narrow down my choices in tires. I'm choosing among 8 different tires and they are all between $800-$1010, so price isn't really a factor. The prices include shipping as well.

The main use for the tires will be about 50 miles a week on average, and probably a long road trip 2-3 times a year. In June I'll be making a 1200 mile drive as well as making a 1200 mile trip in October, so they would need to be bearable on the highway as well. I'd prefer to have a very aggressive tire, it just needs to be able to handle occasional long trips.

Any other tire suggestions just choose "other" on the poll and post what you suggest and why?

GT Radial Adventuro MT's - $804.61

I had these tires on my last tacoma and they performed very well, and weren't very loud at all. I didn't put many miles on them before I sold the truck, but I'm not sure they would last past 30,000 miles or so...

Goodyear Warngler Duratracs - $817.53

Everybody seems to like them, I've been told they're the closest you can get to m/t's in a a/t form, and that they last for a long time. The only con I know if is are the weak sidewalls...

Federal Couragia M/t's - $837.45

Don't know much about them at all.

Dick Cepek Mud Country - $883.17

These tires seem to remind me of the GT Radial Adventuro MT's, except a more reliable brand name.

Goodyear Wrangler MT r's - $939.53

These seem to me the new popular tire around Tacomaworld, other than that I really don't know anything. The thing I don't like about them is that thy driver side set will have a different tread pattern direction from the passenger side... Would bug the crap out of me!

Khumo Road Venture MT's - $964.33

Another tire I don't know much about, other than they look different from any other tire I've ever seen.

BF Goodrich KM2's - $985.49

These are the tires I favor the most, they look the best in my opinion and I've heard good things about them.

Nitto Trail Grapplers - $1008.21

I honestly just like the way these look as well, I just like the Nitto brand more or less
Old 01-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Those of you that chose "other" on the poll please explain why, otherwise it doesn't give any advice...
Old 01-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
buckshot mudders. i paid a little under 7 installed at a local tire shop a few years ago when i had my dodge. i actually still have them in my attic with about 5k miles left give or take, i put probably 25-30 on them without rotating them once
Old 01-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
buckshot mudders. i paid a little under 7 installed at a local tire shop a few years ago when i had my dodge. i actually still have them in my attic with about 5k miles left give or take, i put probably 25-30 on them without rotating them once
I had those briefly on my last Tacoma and they were nearly bald, they pulled pretty good through mud for almost no tread except for the side walls.

Did a price quote on the Buckshots, and it would cost $768.29 which definitely isn't bad at all... Those might now be an option. They only thing I don't like about them is the high amount of road noise and not much to the sidewall at all...
Old 01-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post

Mickey Thompson MTZ. Same company as Cooper/Dick Cepek.
They would cost $978.85... I don't know what it is about them, but I don't care too much for them... I'm going to do some more research on all of these tires, but I just wanted to know the opinion of everybody on here!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
Taqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennan
Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Toyo MT's. Definitely shop around for them b/c out here in LA the prices varied greatly. Some wanted $350 per tire, and the shop I bought them from was only $265 each, mounted and balance no extra charge.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #8
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
I have Duratracs now and weighing my options for new tires as well. The Duratracs have served me well, have about 44,000 miles on them now. They have plenty of tread buthave become a little slippery in the rain just as most tires get when they wear to a certain point.

I'm narrowed down to either the Duratracs again or possibly trying the Hercules trail diggers. They have great reviews and won't break the bank for what they are.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I honestly dont have personal experience with any of those tires but I do know a few people that have the Trailer Grapplers and so far they are happy with them. I also like Nitto tires and will most likely be getting the Trailer Grapplers for my next set of tires.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
kd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Henry
kd8bao's Tacoma Gallery
I have duratracs now and I love them. Wearing great. About 3000 miles of towing a 6500# camper. Ran and running at 60#. They are doing awesome. Would def buy again. Also had Dunlop radial mud rover on an f350. Same aggression, load E tire, heavier sidewall. Wore great and they should be cheaper cost. Dunlop and Kelly tires are a subsidiary of Goodyear. Good luck. My vote is Duratrac
Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #11
Willie64
willie64 is on a distinguished road

Name: willie64
willie64's Tacoma Gallery
Love my Fierce Attitude from goodyear. I have about 15K on them and they still look brand new. They're relatively quiet on the street and great on the trails. I haven't read/ seen much information on them, usually not listed in the 4x4 rags when they do tire reviews. A friend told me about them; he said he had about 40k on his and they still had about 7-8/32 tread left. (mostly around town). Like I said, I have about 15k on mine and they are like new.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #12
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post

Mickey Thompson MTZ. Same company as Cooper/Dick Cepek.
Great tire. I run em
Old 01-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #14
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
For a great bargain M/T, I can't say enough about the Hercules Trail Digger. Best off-road tire I've used so far.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...igger-m-t.html
Old 01-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #15
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper Discoverer STT™

Loves these tires!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #16
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie64 View Post
Love my Fierce Attitude from goodyear. I have about 15K on them and they still look brand new. They're relatively quiet on the street and great on the trails. I haven't read/ seen much information on them, usually not listed in the 4x4 rags when they do tire reviews. A friend told me about them; he said he had about 40k on his and they still had about 7-8/32 tread left. (mostly around town). Like I said, I have about 15k on mine and they are like new.

^^^^^THIS. I've had mine for a year and I love them!!!!! Amazing tire. America's tire $942.00 out the door!!!

Old 01-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #18
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Better go Duratrac if mostly hwy
Old 01-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #19
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Trail Grapplers, and LOVE THEM. They are a little soft, imo, which makes them great offroad, but wear a little more on the road. Though, when I bought mine, they were not anywhere close to being that expensive. . .
Old 01-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #20
ManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ManMan's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't run the Ventures, but I have Kumho KL61's on the taco and 4Xs on my Mazda and am really impressed with both sets of Kumhos I have