Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

MR WHEEL DEAL

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
MR WHEEL DEAL

i wanted to share my experience with mrwheeldeal since there are only a few older threads about his website.
i was looking for the right wheels and the right price for over a month. with so many different wheel dealers out there, i really didn't know who i wanted to go with or even trusted.
it was a toss up between tirerack and discounttire but just couldn't find the right wheel, the price was too high or they were on back order.
i stumbled across http://mrwheeldeal.com/b/ but was a bit hesitant with the whole "send me an email and i'll give you a quote" idea but i decided to send him an email.
well it ended up being a great experience. steve at mrwheelguy gave me a great price and then even beat a quote i had from a different website.
i ended up getting my wheels shipped with lugs for a price that nobody else could even touch.
his customer service was honestly second to none, answering every email i sent within hours, sometimes minutes and when there was any sort of issue he had no problems making things right.
so if anyone is on the lookout for wheels or wheels/tires, i recommend sending him a quick email at http://mrwheeldeal.com/b/ to get a quote. he can get pretty much any wheel out there and im sure he'll beat any price out there.

here's his facebook page as well, tons of great feedback
http://www.facebook.com/MrWheelDeal

Old 01-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
That guy is probably going to quit responding to my emails because I have sent him so many questions!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
He came out cheaper than going to a local spot?

Tire rack etc has been more expensive atleast on the tire side than most local guys. I filled the form so we shall see how this guy does.. Thanks for the info I had seen his info before but like you was ver skeptical...
Old 01-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get hit with customs fees and Canadian taxes.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post
He came out cheaper than going to a local spot?

Tire rack etc has been more expensive atleast on the tire side than most local guys. I filled the form so we shall see how this guy does.. Thanks for the info I had seen his info before but like you was ver skeptical...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post
Did you get hit with customs fees and Canadian taxes.
My brother lives in North Dakota so I had my wheels shipped there and then stayed down there for 48 hours, so I saved on the customs fees since I was allowed up to $800 in purchases after two days. I am not sure what he charges to have them shipped into Canada but I imagine it will be a little more expensive.
I easily saved $500-$1000 by not buying here in Winnipeg. It cost me $500 shipped with after market chrome lugs. So, if you calculate the cost of the shipping and lugs, I paid under $100 per wheel. In Canada, if you can even get them, I would have been lucky to get the wheels for under $200 each, plus tax and install with my TPMS reset. Cost me $50 to have them installed in North Dakota and they reset my TPMS. I was told by Fountain Tire up here that it would cost me between $300-$400 to have my wheels mounted and TPMS reset, and that was only if they could re-use the TPMS.
I guess if you don't have a contact in the US that you can use for shipping, it might end up costing a little more but you still might save even with the fees. Plus there doesn't seem to be the same availability or variety in Canada.