Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TOYO OPEN COUNTRY AT II

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #21
bmpskir will become famous soon enoughbmpskir will become famous soon enough

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the difference was the extremes were 2/32 deeper tread? not a different pattern all together... am I wrong?
Old 02-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #22
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpskir View Post
I thought the difference was the extremes were 2/32 deeper tread? not a different pattern all together... am I wrong?
Pattern is the same on all...Yes the Xtremes have a deeper thread which allows for a more aggressive shoulder design. It bolder and more prominent than the rest.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #23
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-rev View Post
I didn't know they had different sidewall options. The P-metric and LT's look the same to me, the Xtreme's have the same sidewall but are a little bit more raised then the other two from what I can tell.
That's what I want to see a good comparison of the P vs LT. I have read on other forums people were disappointed with the appearance of the P
Old 02-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #24
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
I would be pissed if I only got 30k out of a set of tires. I had bfg km2s on my dodge 2500 and got about 50k out of them.
I think that's pretty typical of people that live in the mountains...not the cities in the mountains, but truly the mountains. I have family that live in NC, 10 miles from the nearest little town. Either they didn't keep the paperwork, or never got it, so we aren't exactly sure how long the last tires lasted, but they were somewhere around 30k....and they were very pleased with those tires.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #25
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post
That's what I want to see a good comparison of the P vs LT. I have read on other forums people were disappointed with the appearance of the P
I would like to see a side-by-side as well. I may go to TownFair and see if they can line them up for me. I helped my brother-in-law last night with his Tundra that he just put these on and they are quite agressive looking. But his are 10-ply, XTREME's (don't remember what size). If I have to go with a 10-ply, I'll just stick with Duratracs.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #26
Canadian Redneck

If you get a chance to see both take a few pics and post them please.. My tire guy does t have stock on either... I want to order tires and rims at the end of this month
Old 03-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #27
stanleybb50 is on a distinguished road
stanleybb50's Tacoma Gallery
I would also love to see a real picture with a side by side of the LT vs P of the AT2's.

Is there another thread? Any updates to this by chance?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #28
Posting up some more pics of the AT2's just for reference in this thread. I think the HDR app actually captured some of the details on the tires pretty well.

(These are the P-rated Toyos 265-70-17 on my '06 4Runner)

Old 04-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #29
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
These tires look great and I'm considering these or the Duratrecs. Any updates on wear/performance/noise? Thanks!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #30
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleybb50 View Post
Posting up some more pics of the AT2's just for reference in this thread. I think the HDR app actually captured some of the details on the tires pretty well.

(These are the P-rated Toyos 265-70-17 on my '06 4Runner)

Very nice, and I'm telling you, my next set of tires are going white letter OUT!!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #31
916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
916 YATES's Tacoma Gallery
I am shopping these for my build up. I think the more aggressive tread "extreme" may only be available in the LT 10 ply. I had Toyo Open Country's on my 1999 TRD, a long time ago, and still remember how much I liked them. These seam like a good all round tire, that wont ride like a M/T on the road. Waiting for SCS Stealth's to show up.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #32
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
I seen these at my tire guy's shop and I really liked them. I've got Nitto Trail Grapplers and love them. Just looking to try somthing else. He had the regular ones and the xtremes. He said it was Toyo's answer to the Trail Grappler. Even though I was under the impression that Toyo owned Nitto. Am I wrong? But non the less, great looking tire.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:41 AM   #33
SickNaban is on a distinguished road
SickNaban's Tacoma Gallery
just ordered me a set of these (LT265/75/16)....did a lot of research on them and just be aware that the P rated arn't as aggressive looking as the LT's. I will give an update once I put them on and post some pics.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #34
kws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kws129's Tacoma Gallery
I had set of the P rated open country at 2's and I only got about 30k worth of tredwer out of those. They were a nice tire I just waaasn't impressed with the treadweaar.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #35
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I've got 10k on mine. They are still doing good. I'm sure there is measurable wear, but by looking at them you can't really tell.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by kws129 View Post
I had set of the P rated open country at 2's and I only got about 30k worth of tredwer out of those. They were a nice tire I just waaasn't impressed with the treadweaar.
You put 30k on them in like 6 months? Sure you're not talking about the old Open Country's (not AT2)?

They were just released like last Fall I thought.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #37

Here's a good comparison I found that shows the P vs LT
Old 04-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNaban View Post

Here's a good comparison I found that shows the P vs LT
Yeah that's from over at T4R.org. That's a bad pic of the P however. My post above is of P rated as well, and looks much better.

No doubt LT looks better, but I'm P still looks good.

Edit - see below of my P rated

Old 04-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #39
yeah your picture def doesnt look as bad as that comparison. I ended up going with the LT's for the added aggressive look (and i tow some) which ended up costing me about 100 dollars more. Hopefully i'm not disappointed.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNaban View Post
yeah your picture def doesnt look as bad as that comparison. I ended up going with the LT's for the added aggressive look (and i tow some) which ended up costing me about 100 dollars more. Hopefully i'm not disappointed.
Oh I'm certain you won't be disappointed. Good choice!