Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TOYO OPEN COUNTRY AT II

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #41
SickNaban is on a distinguished road
SickNaban's Tacoma Gallery
Just got some put on...LT265/75/16.....very pleased with them so far....very quite and rides very smooth....def noticed a diff from changing from the stock dunlops, grips the road a lot better. I will update as I put more miles on them.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #42
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
tig1's Tacoma Gallery
over did it?

Just bought a set LT245 75 R16,but they feel real heavy and it's a 4 banger.Hope I didn't over do it?

later tig1
Old 04-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #44
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
My Bridgestone Duelers that came on my truck aren't too bad i kinda like them, i dont go offroad with my truck though, just a LOT of highway miles. I think I 'm going with these next though....Michelin LTX M/S2, they got great reviews!
Attached Thumbnails
TOYO OPEN COUNTRY AT II-mi_ltx_ms2owl_ci2_l.jpg  
Old 04-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #45
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalimited View Post
My Bridgestone Duelers that came on my truck aren't too bad i kinda like them, i dont go offroad with my truck though, just a LOT of highway miles. I think I 'm going with these next though....
that's not the Toyo.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #46
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tig1's Tacoma Gallery
Toyo A/T II ??

oK,been driving my Toyo A/T II,LT245/75R16 my truck is a 4 Banger 4:10 ratio.An I'm not happy with them,should have gone with "P" series.The tires feel real heavy and the truck just doesn't seem to want to move them.Looks like it's going to be Goodyear Wrangler for me.

later tig1
Old 04-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #47

tig1's Tacoma Gallery

They do look good on the truck.

later tig1
Old 04-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #48

tig1's Tacoma Gallery

later tig1
Old 04-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #49
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Update
I have had these on 11k miles now. They dont show any real wear and are still smooth. They do real well on icy/hardpacked snowy roads. Deep powder they do ok in, and they clean out decent in the mud. If right now I had to buy another set, I'm not against these tires, but not 100% for them either. As the truck is transforming into less of a daily driver it might get MTs next time around. But we'll see where I am at when they finally wear out. Now pics!!

Old 04-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #50

tig1's Tacoma Gallery
Going to the dealer on Wed. to have the front end check,but I'm sure there coming off.I think they are much too heavy for this rig.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #51
stanleybb50 is on a distinguished road
stanleybb50's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tig1 View Post
oK,been driving my Toyo A/T II,LT245/75R16 my truck is a 4 Banger 4:10 ratio.An I'm not happy with them,should have gone with "P" series.The tires feel real heavy and the truck just doesn't seem to want to move them.Looks like it's going to be Goodyear Wrangler for me.

later tig1
One of the reasons I say we don't need LT's on Taco's and 4runners. Just more noticeable on your 4cyl, but same basic effects on all. Bouncier ride too...

Unless someone realllllly off roads... Or realllllly needs that extra stiffness in towing that they "claim" you can't get in the P rated.

P rated are all that we need in these trucks. I'm sure someone will chime in and disagree... And frankly, to each their own anyway though!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #52

tig1's Tacoma Gallery
The ride is smooth,I was very surprise on the ride.I contacted Toyo on there 30 day trial period,no word yet.Not expecting much from the dealer,in way of help.

later tig1
Old 04-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #53
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The ride is smooth,I was very surprise on the ride.I contacted Toyo on there 30 day trial period,no word yet.Not expecting much from the dealer,in way of help.

later tig1
Let us know what they say. Companies should realize that with the availability of the internet and sites like TacomaWorld that how they handle situations like this affect their business.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #54

tig1's Tacoma Gallery
Well,took the truck back to the dealer.An had them recheck the alignment.Guess what,the truck drives lighter and the steering is not pulling to the left.Some how the first alignment fell apart??,but they corrected it.Still not sure on the tires though.

later tig1
Old 05-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #55
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd... as i will be replacing my Nittos with these in the near future. They have been great tires, but like to try new stuff.. will definitely be getting the Xtreme versions.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #56

tig1's Tacoma Gallery
As long as it's not a 4 banger,your safe

later tig1
Old 05-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #57
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well,took the truck back to the dealer.An had them recheck the alignment.Guess what,the truck drives lighter and the steering is not pulling to the left.Some how the first alignment fell apart??,but they corrected it.Still not sure on the tires though.

later tig1
Doesn't take much to knock the alignment out of whack. Hit a good pothole in the road or go offraoding and there it goes. Lifetime alignment is a wise investment if keeping your truck for awhile
Old 05-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #58

tig1's Tacoma Gallery
It was bad the minute I left the dealer,as in there was no alignment done or the tech didn't know what he was doing.

later tig1
Old 05-02-2013, 06:23 AM   #59
SickNaban is on a distinguished road
SickNaban's Tacoma Gallery
for the guys who are worried about mpg at all, i've been running at just under 20 mpg with these tires in LT265/75/16......i am very pleased with these tires and run amazingly smooth for an all terrain tire. love them so far
Old 07-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #60
MisterB will become famous soon enough
MisterB's Tacoma Gallery
Back to life...

Can someone explain to me why the LT has a lower weight rating than the P?

All the places I have checked in 265/75 16 the LT is rated at 2460lbs and the P is 2601lbs