Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TOYO OPEN COUNTRY AT II

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
TOYO OPEN COUNTRY AT II

Thinking of going with a P-rated tire as a replacement for my Duratracs which have been great but are getting a 'lil short on tread. I have 43,000 miles on them and they have been a vey good tire for me but are getting very slippery on wet roads as the tread has worn past the point where any of the siping is left. Figure the P285 will give me better mileage and a better ride. I rarely have an opportunity to be off-road and I tow my boat five or six times a year so the LTs a a bit of overkill for me. I'm really considering TOYO OPEN COUNTRY AT II P285/70R17. Best price I've found is $856.00 delivered. Looking for any opinions on them and also best price.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
TRDfarmerTN is on a distinguished road
TRDfarmerTN's Tacoma Gallery
i had the orignal toyo at tires in a P rated and loved them! i got 56k on them before i replaced them but they prob had another 5-8k left...id def do it man!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
That's not a bad price. I have them in LT265/75R16, 10 ply, I got them mounted and balanced with tax for $830, but I have an awesome tire guy. As far as the tire goes, I've been happy with the performance so far. I only have 6k miles on them though and haven't dealt with any mud yet. I have pics in my build thread if you're interested.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #4
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
That's not a bad price. I have them in LT265/75R16, 10 ply, I got them mounted and balanced with tax for $830, but I have an awesome tire guy. As far as the tire goes, I've been happy with the performance so far. I only have 6k miles on them though and haven't dealt with any mud yet. I have pics in my build thread if you're interested.
I like the look of those and am really considering them. It's hard to make a decision because I really have liked the Duratracs...just wondering what the ride and mileage would be like if I switched.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #5
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
thread needs pics...

i have considered these as well. I'd like to know more peoples opinion. 65000 mile warranty doesn't hurt either.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #6
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
Thinking of going with a P-rated tire as a replacement for my Duratracs which have been great but are getting a 'lil short on tread. I have 43,000 miles on them and they have been a vey good tire for me but are getting very slippery on wet roads as the tread has worn past the point where any of the siping is left. Figure the P285 will give me better mileage and a better ride. I rarely have an opportunity to be off-road and I tow my boat five or six times a year so the LTs a a bit of overkill for me. I'm really considering TOYO OPEN COUNTRY AT II P285/70R17. Best price I've found is $856.00 delivered. Looking for any opinions on them and also best price.
They are an excellent tire and I will try them on my next set. On the price you can do better than that on treaddepot.com. 752 set of 4 shipped to you 65k warranty

http://www.treaddepot.com/checkout.html
Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #7
JerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Jerry
JerryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just got these in 285/75 R17 and I love them. Excellent traction on wet roads, mud and are perfect for daily driving. Very quiet!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #9
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
OP... Just be aware that the P rated ones don't look as aggressive as most of the pics you find online. Most of the pics shown online are the Xtreme version of this tire. The LT rated tires are a little more aggressive than the P's to.

I wish they were all the same cause when I seen these online I was sold. Than I found out they don't all look the same. I would love to see a good pic if the P rated I ones to compare.
Attached Thumbnails
TOYO OPEN COUNTRY AT II-image.jpg  
Old 02-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Are yours Xtreme, LT or P?
Old 02-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #11
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceTaco View Post
Are yours Xtreme, LT or P?
LT265/75R16, 10ply.
I did see a set of extremes in a dodge this morning. They look a little more aggressive, but not much.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #12
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
LT265/75R16, 10ply.
I did see a set of extremes in a dodge this morning. They look a little more aggressive, but not much.
Ya those LT's look good! I need to see a good pic of a P rated set though.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #14
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OP... Just be aware that the P rated ones don't look as aggressive as most of the pics you find online. Most of the pics shown online are the Xtreme version of this tire. The LT rated tires are a little more aggressive than the P's to.

I wish they were all the same cause when I seen these online I was sold. Than I found out they don't all look the same. I would love to see a good pic if the P rated I ones to compare.

Honestly never heard of this
Old 02-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #15
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
Honestly never heard of this
Do some Searching, You will see. I found a lot of people disappointed when they got the P rated ones cause they didn't look like the pics they had seen online. Look at the pic I posted you can see the tread difference.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #16
lurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud of

Army: LRS
lurpranger's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running 35" M/T's and I love'em.Rolls smooth and the ride is excellant.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #17
phf50 is on a distinguished road
Name: paul
phf50's Tacoma Gallery
I just pick up some of the toyo open county a/t ll at town fair tire
in 265/65/17 for 923 mounted and balanced !
Old 02-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #18
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Have the Toyo on two different rigs, my tacoma and my wife's Honda Passport. They are a pretty good tires for everyday/highway use. Very similar in performance to the BFG A/T. The BFGs look better and last a little longer. Both work well in moderate snow, but the tread holds snow pretty bad on both if you are doing any offroading. The duratracs stay much cleaner in snow and mud. How in the heck are you all getting over 30,000 on a set of tires. I live on twisty mountainous roads so I guess all of the cornering takes its toll.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #19
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do some Searching, You will see. I found a lot of people disappointed when they got the P rated ones cause they didn't look like the pics they had seen online. Look at the pic I posted you can see the tread difference.
I didn't know they had different sidewall options. The P-metric and LT's look the same to me, the Xtreme's have the same sidewall but are a little bit more raised then the other two from what I can tell.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #20
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryaddict View Post
Have the Toyo on two different rigs, my tacoma and my wife's Honda Passport. They are a pretty good tires for everyday/highway use. Very similar in performance to the BFG A/T. The BFGs look better and last a little longer. Both work well in moderate snow, but the tread holds snow pretty bad on both if you are doing any offroading. The duratracs stay much cleaner in snow and mud. How in the heck are you all getting over 30,000 on a set of tires. I live on twisty mountainous roads so I guess all of the cornering takes its toll.
I would be pissed if I only got 30k out of a set of tires. I had bfg km2s on my dodge 2500 and got about 50k out of them.