Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

UCA question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Rhinotaco21 is on a distinguished road
Rhinotaco21's Tacoma Gallery
UCA question

I'm planning on putting 285/70/17 on my 05 Tacoma it has a 3in lift on it. My question is do I need to buy new uca's. if I do what tire should I run with out buying new uca's?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
You should get them because of the lift height not the tire size. The backspacing of the wheel will get it away from the uca.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
New UCA's are a good idea for lifts over 2.5", as to correct the alignment.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
Domc20 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Dominic
Domc20's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
You should get them because of the lift height not the tire size. The backspacing of the wheel will get it away from the uca.
i plan on getting 285/70/17 with xd revolvers(Offset: -12 Backspace: 4.53), on a 2.5 inch lift.... the rims should make it so that there's minor rubbing if any.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domc20 View Post
i plan on getting 285/70/17 with xd revolvers(Offset: -12 Backspace: 4.53), on a 2.5 inch lift.... the rims should make it so that there's minor rubbing if any.

Correct. You will rub some other stuff though. You will probably have to trim some plastic and do cab mount chop.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
Domc20 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Dominic
Domc20's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
Correct. You will rub some other stuff though. You will probably have to trim some plastic and do cab mount chop.
yeah, im hoping to avoid the cab mount chop
Old 02-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
If you wanna do it right, get uca's and a cab mount chop. If you wanna half ass it, don't get uca's, have shitty alignment and rubbing on your cab mounts.