LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

The Perfect Offset for 285/75/16 ???

View Poll Results: Wich Offset for 285/75/16 on 8"wide with 3" lift?
0 mm 9 39.13%
-6mm 4 17.39%
-12mm 8 34.78%
Other 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #21
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAiG View Post
I would help, but I got the same questions you do
Thanks
Old 02-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #22
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
0, -6, or -12 will all give you the clearance needed on your UCA. It boils down to how aggressive you want the stance to be. The more negative offset you go, the wider the wheelbase which tends to create more rubbing in the cab mount area. Although with 285s, a CMC is definitely recommended.

Check out our F-5 wheels if you're interested. They're 16x8 with +0 offset and weigh 19lbs each.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #23
Runner
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
0, -6, or -12 will all give you the clearance needed to not run on that UCA. It boils down to how aggressive you want the stance to be. The more negative offset you go, the wider the wheelbase which tends to create more rubbing in the cab mount area. Although with 285s, a CMC is definitely recommended.

Check out our F-5 wheels if you're interested. They're 16x8 with +0 offset and weigh 19lbs each.
Agreed. I voted -6, but run -12 for the wider stance and prefer it. So, it comes down to stance and how much chopping you may want/need to do.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #24
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
0, -6, or -12 will all give you the clearance needed on your UCA. It boils down to how aggressive you want the stance to be. The more negative offset you go, the wider the wheelbase which tends to create more rubbing in the cab mount area. Although with 285s, a CMC is definitely recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Agreed. I voted -6, but run -12 for the wider stance and prefer it. So, it comes down to stance and how much chopping you may want/need to do.
Thank you for the help!
I'm looking more for functionality then look. I want less CMC as possibles.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #25
Can those that choose "other" to specified what they mean?
Old 02-06-2013, 12:41 AM   #26
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
The rule of thumb is if you're running 285/75/16's on 8" wide wheel, go with 4.5" BS'ing.

If you were to run a 305/70/16 on an 8" wide wjeel, you would probablly want 4.0" BS'ing which is what I have and no body mount rubbing on my 2009.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #27
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
For an 8" wide wheel, the answer is zero. anyone saying anything to the contrary is incorrect.

Ask psu taco85. He has 8" wide wheels with 4.0 BS, which is -12 offset, and had to do a ton of cutting and pounding to get them to stop rubbing on the outer edge of the wheel due to them sticking out too far.

-12 is ideal for 9" wide wheels.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #28
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
I thought that is obvious that I don't want spacers.
Quote:
(I need spacers or new rims)

Actually no, it's not obvious.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Actually no, it's not obvious.
Do you think you are funny, Funny man? Six shooter? What you gonna do, laugh them to death?
Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #30
Quote:

It's anyway possible to get a hub cap with those F-5?
Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #31
After few debates I decided that the perfect offset for a Tacoma is +0mm.
That being said, I ordered a set of Stealth Custom Series rims. So far there's no need for BMC. Enjoy the pictures:

Old 02-27-2013, 10:28 PM   #32
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That being said, I ordered a set of Stealth Custom Series rims. So far there's no need for BMC. Enjoy the pictures:

That looks great Big G! You should receive the darker grey decal by tomorrow. I think they will match the truck a little bit better.

If you get a chance, take of the rear wheels and shoot a couple coats of semi-gloss black on the rear hubs. It will make a nice improvement.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything else.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #33
Quote:
That looks great Big G! You should receive the darker grey decal by tomorrow. I think they will match the truck a little bit better.

If you get a chance, take of the rear wheels and shoot a couple coats of semi-gloss black on the rear hubs. It will make a nice improvement.

Thank you for the tip Vin! I might need some touch up paint. One rim got scratched when they installed it.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #34
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Looks good man. How much trimming was done?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Looks good man. How much trimming was done?
As right now, none. For every day driving I'm good. I might have to do some for OFFroading. That's why I was trying to find the perffect Offset.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #36
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
im rocking icon extended travel coilovers, smooth body 2.5 icon rears, and icon ucas. sitting slightly higher than 3" in the front. just bought some welds 16x8 w/+3 offset and some 285/75/16 firestone destination mts. ill update this thread to let you guys know if i rub. there is a ton of space right now with my 265/70/17 4runner trail wheels, so i kinda doubt im going to have to trim, if any.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #37
Quote:

Hey Vin! I took your advice and this is how it looks.
Attached Thumbnails
The Perfect Offset for 285/75/16 ???-img_4835.jpg   The Perfect Offset for 285/75/16 ???-img_4836.jpg   The Perfect Offset for 285/75/16 ???-img_4837.jpg  
Old 02-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #38
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Hey Vin! I took your advice and this is how it looks.
That definitely looks a lot better! Nice work.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #39
Quote:
That definitely looks a lot better! Nice work.
Thank you!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
im rocking icon extended travel coilovers, smooth body 2.5 icon rears, and icon ucas. sitting slightly higher than 3" in the front. just bought some welds 16x8 w/+3 offset and some 285/75/16 firestone destination mts. ill update this thread to let you guys know if i rub. there is a ton of space right now with my 265/70/17 4runner trail wheels, so i kinda doubt im going to have to trim, if any.
What about that update?