Notices

Craigslist Treadwright Guard dog find?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Ubeslife is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
Ubeslife's Tacoma Gallery
Craigslist Treadwright Guard dog find?

I found a set of 4 treadwright guard dog's for sale on craigslist for $140. Told they have about 50 to 60% tread left on them. I want to know if these would be worth picking up or not. I know they are retreads but they are so cheap for 4 of them. Opinions please!
Attached Thumbnails
Craigslist Treadwright Guard dog find?-tires.jpg  
Old 02-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
They look worn to me.
Agreed, buy them new they are cheap
Old 02-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 50/50 on buying retreads to begin with but used retreads.... no thanks, I'd pass.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubeslife View Post
I found a set of 4 treadwright guard dog's for sale on craigslist for $140. Told they have about 50 to 60% tread left on them. I want to know if these would be worth picking up or not. I know they are retreads but they are so cheap for 4 of them. Opinions please!
i dont think theyre treadwrights unless it says in the title of the ad. treadwright uses the old goodyear mtr tread and it says good year mtr on the sidewalls. i think theyre true goodyears. worn though, id pass
Old 02-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatTaco View Post
i dont think theyre treadwrights unless it says in the title of the ad. treadwright uses the old goodyear mtr tread and it says good year mtr on the sidewalls. i think theyre true goodyears. worn though, id pass
Treadwright uses lots of different carcasses, not just Goodyears.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Treadwright uses lots of different carcasses, not just Goodyears.
I know, I don't think they're treadwrights unless it said so in the CL ad
Old 02-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #8
Ubeslife is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
Ubeslife's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input guys, After calling the guy on them I gonna pass. He wasnt being real specific about them when I was asking questions. Kinda through a red flag for me.