Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Can a soft front suspension cause wear on the outside of the front tires?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
Lean Mean MPG Machine (best = 27)
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Name: Stefan
pidro_el_pirata's Tacoma Gallery
Can a soft front suspension cause wear on the outside of the front tires?

Can a soft front suspension cause wear on the outside of the front tires? I just got my tires aligned and the alignment was relatively good but the outsides of the front tires were more worn compared to the inside. Trying to figure out what could cause the wear since the alignment was good.

My rear shocks were replaced within 50,000 miles but I don't think the front shocks have ever been replaced. There is no doubt that they do need it- I'm the second owner and the truck has 139k on it.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if its the same but when I had my Mustang my wife thought she was in the Daytona 500 all the time. She wore the outside edges off from driving so fast through turns. When I took it in for tires, the shop thought alignment was bad, but it was fine.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
The outer tread will always wear faster than any other part of the four tires because of ^that. Even if you don't take corners quick it's still going to wear because all the weight gets thrown to that tire in a turn. If it's bad rotate the rears tires up and fronts swap sides in rear
Old 02-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Lean Mean MPG Machine (best = 27)
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Name: Stefan
pidro_el_pirata's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I had them rotated so they will even out. I was just wondering about the technical aspects of the suspension affecting the wear.