Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Curb Rash Repair

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
Texas Aggie
CO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Tyler
CO Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Curb Rash Repair

I'm interested in powdercoating my wheels, two of which got in a fight with a curb ~6 months ago and lost. Parts of them are really chewed up . The guy at discount tire said they were FUBAR, but I kinda ignored him and i've driven cross country on them since then. However, i'm worried the damage will may make it impossible to put bigger tires, which i plan on doing (pirelli's scorpion atr 265/75/16).

I'm trying to get an opinion on if I should invest more money into these (powdercoating and possibly repairs) or if i should scrap them and get new ones. I don't even know if this is possible repair, or if the price would be worth it. Let me know what you think.

I'll put up some pics this afternoon. Thanks in advance, dudes.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Texas Aggie
CO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to behold
CO Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I was able to put 265s, the mechanics were weary about the rash, but they got them on there!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
What rims are they? Stock? Aftermarket?
Old 07-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
Texas Aggie
CO Taco's Tacoma Gallery
You can see them in my pictures, and may be able to see rash on the lip. I got them stock, but I've seen them on maybe one other Tacoma, guess its what Toyota was putting on their 08 sr5 models at the time.