Gear Big Block 14 21.88%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Help me decide before I jump!

I am going slightly crazy trying to decide on wheels. I think I have made up my mind but than I second guess. They will going on my 2012 Silver TRD Sport with either the BFG AT's or Toyo AT 2's in 265 65 18

I am looking at...

18" XD Spy
18" Fuel Maverick
18" Gear Alloy Big Block

All come in 18x9/ 4.5 BS/ -12 OS

I know the Fuel and the Gears are very similar the main thing being the Gears are gloss and fuels matte I will admit I am partial to a gloss look.
Attached Thumbnails
Help me decide before I jump!-xd-spy.jpg   Help me decide before I jump!-308025_4679173147433_466966811_n.jpg   Help me decide before I jump!-gearalloy726mb-8.jpg  
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
XXFattyHunterXX is on a distinguished road
XXFattyHunterXX's Tacoma Gallery
XD Spy!!! Regret not getting them.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Out of these three I would go with the Fuels.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #4
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Do we have a fourth option?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Do we have a fourth option?
I think that would just add to my problem...
Old 02-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #6
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Spy and do not regret my decision at all. The Fuels are nice too... My second choice when looking for mine was actually the Fuel Boost
Old 02-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
XDs!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
Brett319 will become famous soon enough

Name: Brett
Brett319's Tacoma Gallery
Mavericks are SICK
Old 02-22-2013, 04:56 AM   #9
Canadian Redneck

All these views and only a few votes... Keep me coming.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #10
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting valve stem location on the Fuel Maverick.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:28 AM   #11
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Spy's are over played. Get the fuels
Old 02-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #12
Canadian Redneck

The mavericks seem to be getting the best vote so far.. I would guess all this rims are TPMS compatible
Old 02-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #14
Canadian Redneck

Someone told me to look at the Moto Metal MO962's... They are similar to the mav's and gears

The mavericks are a matte black and that's the only thing that has me on the fence. I just think matte is dull looking but again I have seen some and liked it.. FML
Old 02-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #15
stixnstrings is on a distinguished road
Marines:
stixnstrings's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Fuel Boost's in 18x9 very close to the Maverick's I get nothing but compliments on them, I like matte finish.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Help me decide before I jump!
Well if your life depended on picking one of the three of those wheels, the better alternative would be to jump.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #17
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
Well if your life depended on picking one of the three of those wheels, the better alternative would be to jump.
Oh that's cold....
Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #18
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh that's cold....

It's all in good fun. Pick the one you like. I personally think the whole Black wheel thing is more played out than the Jersey Shore but that's just my opinion.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #19
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stixnstrings View Post
I have the Fuel Boost's in 18x9 very close to the Maverick's I get nothing but compliments on them, I like matte finish.
x2
Old 02-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #20
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
It's all in good fun. Pick the one you like. I personally think the whole Black wheel thing is more played out than the Jersey Shore but that's just my opinion.
I know man.... As for the black wheel thing, I have had chrome on previous vehicles and now I want something in a black with some milled/polished accents...

I am seriously looking at the Moto Metal Mo962