Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Considering bumping to 295's, opinions needed

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #1
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Considering bumping to 295's, opinions needed

This is a pure speculative post as my 285 BFG AT's have quite a good bit of life in them left, but here's the deal, over time of course my 285's are starting to look small to me and I feel like I need to go a wee bit bigger. I think I should be able to clear 295's with no problems but y'all let me know what you think.

Front set up:
5100's @ 0" with OME 886's supporting an ARB with warn M8000 winch, didn't have to trim at all anywhere to clear 285's and have a ton of room in all directions

Rear: 2" block, 1.5" aal, OME N182's, I'm 100% confident they'll fit in the rear

Wheels: OEM OR wheels with 1.25" spIdertraxx spacers

So what do y'all think? I doubt I'd have to do the CMC but if I did it might be a deal breaker

Old 02-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
What do your
KM2's measure in actual height? They are usually on the small side, which is why your mount may not need chopping now. 295's will most definitely require a chop.

Fear not the sawzall
Old 02-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well I've got the AT KO's not the KM2's, but I think they're right around a 32.8", I think it'd be the width of the 295's that would get me, and I'm sitting at like 3" up front and 3.5 in the back, so I think I'd have a little more clearance than with 5100's
Old 02-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #5
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
I roll 295 Hankook RT03's on muh first gen.

They measure 33.6" T (33.3" mounted)
and 11.6" (ish) in width

I traded up to these from 285/75/16 KMII's
like these better...
the RT03 295's only come in "D" load.
whereas my KMII's were "E"

ride is good...
considering the 295's are bigger and a beefier tire construcion
so tho' the ride is good on the hwy...
It's not really much better the the 285 KMII 10 ply's were.

What nets muh preference over KMII's... ?

Off road... they do better in mud and snow
On road... they offer better traction on pavement, rain or snow

good price - onlinetiresdotcom

Old 02-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
Onetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Onetime27's Tacoma Gallery
I have 295/70/17 with a 3" lift and 1.25" spacers, only rubs when I'm at full crank with 3 passengers in the car.
BS is I think only an inch bigger on my Sequoia wheels than the stock sport wheels.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #7
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
i dunno man, those 285s look small on your truck LOL. be the guinea pig, ill follow if they fit. cause my stance is about the same as your. a little over 3" up front and more like almost 4" i the rear.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #8
Go Pro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
i dunno man, those 285s look small on your truck LOL. be the guinea pig, ill follow if they fit. cause my stance is about the same as your. a little over 3" up front and more like almost 4" i the rear.
yeah im bumped up a little further i think, everyone cant believe those are 285's because they look so small