Notices

TRD Fake Beadlock Rims

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
davydawg is on a distinguished road

Name: David
davydawg's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Fake Beadlock Rims

What do you guys think? "took" these off my buddies FJ trail teams... I think I might pick up a set of the bronze ones and throw them on here. If I don't like the bronze I'm going to powder coat them black and throw them on.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
J11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant future

J11Tac's Tacoma Gallery
How is that fake?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #3

As far as I've heard, the beads are not actual bead locks. Just fake for looks.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
yeah they aren't real bead lock.. just style
Old 02-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
I think the Bronze would look good on your ride.

I guess I'm biased - kinda tired of the black wheel/blacked-out look (even though I'm guilty as charged with my FJ ).

You don't see many bronze wheels around. I ordered a set for my Taco, but my truck is silver. I wish my truck was white. IMO, bronze looks so much better on white vs silver.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #6

@deez, Thanks for your feedback, That's what I'm thinking! I've never seen a white tacoma with the bronze wheels. I'm excited to see how they look. Plus, the bronze wheels are much cheaper than the black ones... unless I'm mistaken
Old 02-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davydawg View Post
As far as I've heard, the beads are not actual bead locks. Just fake for looks.
quick question. what real use do bead locks have? I'm not arguing I'm serious I have been wondering fo eva
Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #8
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not trying to keep you from purchasing those wheels (I wanted a set myself in the last) but for the $$$ they cost you could get a nice set of something else and still have money leftover for beer or whatever. I came across this link someone posted last week on this board. They appear to be a high maintenance wheel because of the rings which can hold dirt causing the powdercoating to wear prematurely. The link is about the 17" Tundra wheels, but keep in mind they utilize the same kind of ring:

http://roadtraveler.net/goodbye-bling-rings/

Old 02-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #9

When you air down your tires, the tire is vulnerable to popping off of the bead of the rim since there is so much play there. The bead locks lock your tire to the rim so you can air down without the tire slipping off of the rim
Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #10
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
quick question. what real use do bead locks have? I'm not arguing I'm serious I have been wondering fo eva
Hopefully this answers your question

http://youtu.be/KIYrGJmHM78

Btw I love the mounting method used at the 2:00 mark
Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #11

Thanks for the feedback Justin, I haven't heard anything bad about these rims thus far but I'll keep that in mind. I just prefer the look of OEM rims, and since this isnt a big wheeler truck for me I think they're still a good option, but I'll keep my eye out for aftermarket rims as well
Old 02-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #12
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When you air down your tires, the tire is vulnerable to popping off of the bead of the rim since there is so much play there. The bead locks lock your tire to the rim so you can air down without the tire slipping off of the rim
Davydawg saved the say. gracias amigo!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #13

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback Justin, I haven't heard anything bad about these rims thus far but I'll keep that in mind. I just prefer the look of OEM rims, and since this isnt a big wheeler truck for me I think they're still a good option, but I'll keep my eye out for aftermarket rims as well
Are you dead set on getting 16" wheels? There's a 4runner 5 star that looks good:

http://www.blankwhitepage.com/galler...s/IMG_2922.jpg

And the hard to find 17" Tundra/Sequoia wheels:

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attach...uoia-wheel.jpg

Aftermarket there's SCS a vendor on here that has some 5 stars as well. Super nice guys to talk to and help you decide. Again I don't want to bash the TRD FJ beadlocks but they're $$$ (plus the Toyota lugs that'll be another $100 at least)
Old 02-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #14
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
I'm not trying to keep you from purchasing those wheels (I wanted a set myself in the last) but for the $$$ they cost you could get a nice set of something else and still have money leftover for beer or whatever. I came across this link someone posted last week on this board. They appear to be a high maintenance wheel because of the rings which can hold dirt causing the powdercoating to wear prematurely. The link is about the 17" Tundra wheels, but keep in mind they utilize the same kind of ring:

Still might be worth it though.

I wish my FJ wheels had bling rings on them. Instead, they now suffer from severe rock rash and gouging that no re-PC job can ever fix. Even if you don't off-road, they'll still protect from curb rash. Cheaper to replace a bling ring (or even re-PC wheel) vs buying a new wheel.

Just my $0.02.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #15

deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've never seen a white tacoma with the bronze wheels. I'm excited to see how they look.
Exactly, why be like everyone else?

I can totally relate to your excitement. I can't wait for mine either!

Having owned black wheels for a year now, I realize they're hard to keep clean and black. I'd imagine bronze is a way better color at hiding dirt and dust better.

(FYI - I hear Pledge works great on black wheels. I have yet to try it though.)
Old 02-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #16
Jay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay9722's Tacoma Gallery
I have the black bead lock style wheels on my white access cab and I love them. Not a single regret!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #17
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I have them and I love them! Get the bronze and powder the ring satin black. . . I customed mine to my truck.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #18
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What do you guys think? "took" these off my buddies FJ trail teams... I think I might pick up a set of the bronze ones and throw them on here. If I don't like the bronze I'm going to powder coat them black and throw them on.

I'd love to have a set of these for 2nd set of rim/tires. I love those!!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #19

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD View Post
[B]
I have them and I love them! Get the bronze and powder the ring satin black. . . I customed mine to my truck.
I haven't seen your truck in a while. Always amazed by your new mods. Love it!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #20
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Rad!

Ill just put this here.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...im-bronze.html