Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

34" Tires - Nothing but the truth.... BF Goodrich KM2 - 285/75r17

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #22
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
Thems km2's. They should be 33.9. Don't bfg run a little small?
Most tire companies round up. Pitbull seems to be the exception.

Also, height and width change depending on wheel size, air pressure, treadwear, and weight of vehicle. Manufacturer specs only mean so much.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #23
Limitless is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
Limitless's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, here are some full truck shots, Sorry about the white truck in the white snow in the white flat light, lacking a bit of detail. Also to follow are the detail shots of the tire vs openings as they are now.

Does not hit the body mount at stock ride height in current configuration. Have not flexed out, but does not height pinch weld at stock ride height. Does not hit upper control are at stock ride height.

Truck:

Drivers:

Drivers - Overall - With Glass:

Drivers - Cab Side - With Glass:

Drivers - Cab Side - With Glass - Closer:

Drivers - Bumper Side - With Glass - Bumper Flare Off:

Passenger:

Passenger - Overall - Factory Flare On:

Passenger - Cab Clearance - Factory Flare On:

Passenger - Bumper Clearance - Factory Flare On:

Upper Control Arm:

I hope this helps some along.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #24
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
255/85/16 is pretty close to 34 inches without all the trimming.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #25
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelztaco View Post
255/85/16 is pretty close to 34 inches without all the trimming.

yeah thats because theyre two inches skinnier than the 285/75's
Old 02-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #26
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelztaco View Post
255/85/16 is pretty close to 34 inches
Weight of truck is not on tire. Measure them on the truck and I guarantee you lose .5in or more height.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #27
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! When I was stationed in Iceland the folks there would cram the biggest widest tires in there rigs with minimal to no lift. I like the Look as long as it is functional.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #28
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Weight of truck is not on tire. Measure them on the truck and I guarantee you lost .5in or more height.
True. Oh well. If the tire is 1 inch shorter it only makes a 1/2 inch difference in the height of the truck/axle. I can live with that.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Op, have you tried turning onto or off a driveway with those tires? I would think they would be hitting the cab mount for sure.
What kind of suspension are you gonna run?
The truck hasn't been driven since the tires went on, since the glass install in underway and the front end is off the truck.

Looking to do a 3" lift with Upper Control Arms, Mid Travel Set Up. Still deciding on Fox or King Remote Resi's for the front and rear.

I am also tossed up on the rear, looking for new leaf pack, but not sure whether to go Deaver, Dakar, or All Pro. This is a daily driver and I do tow with it, even though not a ton of weight, most the snowmobile trailer so max around 2200 pounds.

I am always looking for advise. This truck is being set up as an adventure truck, to cruise the county on and off road. So it has to do well in all area, but don't not have to excel in any specific area. For example, this is not a desert racer, so it does not need triple bypasses and air bumps to handle a 100+ in the whoops, but don't get me wrong it will get beat on at times. Even though this is a daily driver, and I like my stuff to stay shiny, I also love to push it hard as well.

(Not concerned about wheel clearance, this thread was to show the tire size vs stock part. I am well aware of the cutting, grinding and the BFH work that needs to be done to clear the tires. They do need to clear at stock ride height anyways so in no hurry to jump to a decision on the suspension)
Old 05-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #32
After some delays to life getting in the way..... Making some progress on the fitment. You defiantly need to cut and pound alot to fit a 34" tire. Props to the guys running 35". I have no god damn clue how you have cleared a bigger tire than this.

The lower pinch weld has been cut away and will get welded one the tire clears. After this stage, there is going to be more grinding on the lower pinch weld near the bottom and some hammering i think as the tires still hit. Tires are going to hit the actual fender well slightly on to the inside of the where the pinch weld was.

Here are some more pics.

(Sorry these are cell phone pics, I guess some pics is better than no pics, right?)

Old 05-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #36
Grind .... Beat .... Repeat.....

The more they fit the more they hit. This is getting ridiculous. Pinch weld is now ground flat, so that clears, now hitting the actual fenderwell just above the cab mount and now hitting the cab mount too, so maybe another 1/4" farther back will do the trick. Ridiculous. So If some one tells you there is some cutting and grinding you best be ready to destroy some bodywork.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #37
So the plot thickens...

FUN FACT OF THE DAY - So what do Spider Trax 1.25" Spacer do to your wheel clearance.....

Having some major clearance issues, so the debate between spacers or wider spindle location (long travel) is better or not. Also if it will solve clearance issues.

So for everyone wondering, Here is what a 1.25" Spacer does to the swing of your wheel vs. fender interference. This spacer will move the outer edge of your tire 0.4337 inches closer to the fender. Doesn't sound like much, but right now that may be the difference of working or more beating the crap out of the truck. Take a look at the Cad drawing showing this.

Note - This is based on the wheel mounting surface being centered in the wheel, so in this case, 9" wide wheel, the mounting surface is 4.5 inches from either side of the wheel!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #38
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Wait till you add new UCA and your tire moves back ANOTHER half inch lmao! Don't let the rear cycle without glass.When you go negative arch the axle moves forward and you will rip off your fender flare.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #39
There is glass for the whole truck. Again, I am well aware that the tires will hit the stock body parts. The UCA may change the tire location depending on your alignment specs.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #40
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
All but LRs will add caster and that will move tire back. The LRs you can go any way you want so...

Bump your caster via the LCA and you'll move it forward, a little...