Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

will 32" x 10.5" tires fit ~2" lift w/ stock 6 lug?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
will 32" x 10.5" tires fit ~2" lift w/ stock 6 lug?

will i be able to run 265/80/R15 (32"/10.5"/R15) tires on my 99 prerunner? I have stock 15x7 6 lug wheels and it's lifted in the rear 1.5" aal and up front 2.25" billy 5100s. the 235/75/r15 tires on it now look funny after the lift. if my desired tires fit, how bad will they rub?
yes, i searched. the tire calculator got me this far...
once i buy new tires, i'll probably post the old ones on here, which are less than a year old.
thank you for any help.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
I tried 32's on my 99 with stock suspension and rubbed at full lock. It also might clip the front bumper/lower valance area. Maybe have to trim that a bit to create more clearance.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
I tried 32's on my 99 with stock suspension and rubbed at full lock. It also might clip the front bumper/lower valance area. Maybe have to trim that a bit to create more clearance.
mines not stock height 1.5 in lift in rear and 2.25 in lift up front, hopefully it wont be an issue. what wheels did u have with that set up?
Old 02-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see why not. 32" tire is roughly only 0.3" taller than the infamous 265/75s so if manufacturer says it's exactly 32 inches you should be absolutely fine. Plust that 0.3 is only 0.15 on either side of the tire, if that makes sense.

If you did have to trim anything I would think it would be very minor.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #5
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Also, check the mfg actual tire size measurement because a lot of those "32s" are actually closer to 31.7 or so just like the 265/75s that lots of people likes to run.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Oops! Read it wrong. I think you should be fine then! Might just be real minimal.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #7
Trail Leader
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you have new springs up front ur not going to get the full 2.25".
Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
vette6991 will become famous soon enough

vette6991's Tacoma Gallery
31x10.50 are close to the same as 265/75
as are 32x10.50 and 285/75
Old 02-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #9

Really? the 31x10.5s are over 31.5" tall? Got a link to specs? That seems odd.

285s are about 11.2" wide, no?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #10
vette6991 will become famous soon enough

vette6991's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I've talked to my stepdad about it for my own truck, he owns a tire shop so I'm just going with him.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #11

265/25.4=10.4 inches wide
10.4x.75=7.82 in sidewall x2 =15.65+16"wheel = 31.65" tall

Google the size of a 31x10.5x15 and I would think they will be 31" or shorter.

Also a 265 and 285 are not the same width. 11.2-10.4 = .8" difference. May not seem like much but it is when trying to get them to fit without rubbing.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #12
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
Oops! Read it wrong. I think you should be fine then! Might just be real minimal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Also, check the mfg actual tire size measurement because a lot of those "32s" are actually closer to 31.7 or so just like the 265/75s that lots of people likes to run.
I don't see why not. 32" tire is roughly only 0.3" taller than the infamous 265/75s so if manufacturer says it's exactly 32 inches you should be absolutely fine. Plust that 0.3 is only 0.15 on either side of the tire, if that makes sense.
If you did have to trim anything I would think it would be very minor.
good to know thanks guys, so 10.5in wide tires will be ok on the 7in wide wheels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkie View Post
Unless you have new springs up front ur not going to get the full 2.25".
i believe it! she still doesn't look quite level to me, but anyone else i've asked says they can't tell she's not leveled... what size tires and lift do u have again, Chris?
Old 02-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
good to know thanks guys, so 10.5in wide tires will be ok on the 7in wide wheels?
It'll be perfect.
If you look at whatever tire you're going to get on the specs part it will tell you everything from actual diameter and width to what width wheel is recommended, etc. (It'll say something like 6.5-8" wheel width recommended).
I wish my wheels were 7in wide instead of 8. . .

What tires are you looking at?
Old 02-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #14
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
It'll be perfect.
If you look at whatever tire you're going to get on the specs part it will tell you everything from actual diameter and width to what width wheel is recommended, etc. (It'll say something like 6.5-8" wheel width recommended).
I wish my wheels were 7in wide instead of 8. . .

What tires are you looking at?
my dropped ford ranger had 17x8s and i loved the fat tires on that lil truck. why don't u like your wheels? i actually really like mine stock wheels, i just want to paint them black after i buy a nice jack and jack stands with tax return. I haven't started looking into the actual tires yet, just sizes. i know very little about tires and i spent a good portion of the afternoon educating myself via TW today.

thanks for the help!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #15

I do like my wheels, a lot. I would just prefer a 16x7 rather than a 16x8 since I like skinny tires.

Well, start with addressing what terrain you will drive on the most and choose a tread pattern from what will perform the best rather than look the best.

Then pick a size.

Then make em fit, haha.

It almost pains me to see people run Mud Terrains and then drive year around on pavement and several months of the year on ice and snow . . . and never go off road.
Tires are the only contact between a few thousand pounds and the road, might as well choose from performance rather than looks, ha.

I think a 32x10.5 is a great choice. I wouldn't go any taller or wider than 33x10.5 unless you are alright with cutting and banging on some stuff. Your stock wheels will be the best back spacing so you don't really have to worry about that. Good luck on your search for the tires that best suit your needs, man
Old 09-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #16
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

well i went with 265/75r16s with the fj trd 16s

on my 99 (R.I.P.) Pearl

on my 03 Misti