LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

balancing ????

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #3
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
sandbags

I use the sticky weights...
because I wheel often on moderate trails...
and any other wheel weight is going to get knocked off.

I paint the sticky weights black,
because they're super ugly and muh wheels are black

I have never lost one of those... evar

I don't use balance beads... nor am I a fan
Old 03-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
SAC'D FJC
sbechtold is on a distinguished road

sbechtold's Tacoma Gallery
I used 10oz of airsoft pellets in my 37x12.5 MTR's mounted on Trail Ready HD 17" beadlocks on my rock crawler. Runs down the freeway at 80mph and is smooth as glass now. I have heard some say that the airsoft pellets will wear down and need to be replaced. No worries for me as I wanted to try these and see how it works out. So far so good...
Old 03-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #5
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbechtold View Post
I used 10oz of airsoft pellets in my 37x12.5 MTR's mounted on Trail Ready HD 17" beadlocks on my rock crawler. Runs down the freeway at 80mph and is smooth as glass now. I have heard some say that the airsoft pellets will wear down and need to be replaced. No worries for me as I wanted to try these and see how it works out. So far so good...
Just regular air soft pellets? Hmmmm... How do u know how many to use do u have a link to a write up on this?
Old 03-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #6
SAC'D FJC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
Just regular air soft pellets? Hmmmm... How do u know how many to use do u have a link to a write up on this?
If you search on pirate4x4.com, ttora.com, google or any of the jeepers forums you'll find a bunch of information on non-conventional balancing ideas. I don't really have a write-up perse, but here is a link to my build thread on another site that contains some information on the airsoft pellets.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...4-post320.html

I used the tire charts for Dynabeads as a starting point. (see below) I ran Dynabeads many years ago and hated them, so wanted to try something else this time.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/BigTirechart.htm (aggressive tread tire recomendations)
http://www.innovativebalancing.com/tirechartmap.htm (choose your style tire here)
Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #8
SAC'D FJC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
very cool thanx man...love your rig by the way...
Thanks... I picked up a 2013 DCLB TRD Sport this weekend. Now need to start collecting parts for this one. Gonna make this one an expedition rig. Good luck with the balancing.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #9
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
for an expo rig i highly recomend a full OME kit with LR uca's.....its the strongest with the least amount of maintenance ...unless u dont mind lubricating then icon mid travels with 700lbs king springs and some 12in rear shocks with allpro expo packs and bamf rear shock relocators and shackle flip
Old 03-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I had EQUAL tire balancing in my Jeep (35 X 12.50's). It worked great and never had a problem with it - even on the highway at 70mph.

The trick...is putting enough in each tire to work properly.

You CAN NOT use EQUAL with your factory TPMS (2nd gen trucks).

When you get EQUAL installed, they will put new valve stems in that have a little 'screen' to prevent the grains from coming out. We removed those (stems w/ screens) because our auto deflators wouldn't work. And actually, you never really lose any when airing up or down...... we always had a spare bag of EQUAL just in case. But...never had to use it.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:49 AM   #11
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I have been using beads in my wheels since I have had them. They are smoother than my previous sets of wheels and tires.

http://innovativebalancing.com/mobil..._grp.php?grp=2
Old 03-16-2014, 09:13 PM   #12
RayTran is on a distinguished road
RayTran's Tacoma Gallery
Re balancing

Dyna Beads.....never look back