Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Poll: trying to choose tires would like feeback

View Poll Results: Which tires to choose?
Super Swamper Radial SSR 0 0%
Cepek Mud Country 0 0%
Goodyear Wrangler MTR Kevlar 11 100.00%
Hankook Dynamic MT RT01 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Poll: trying to choose tires would like feeback

Hi everyone, been a little while since I opened a thread. I'm slowly putting together all the things for my Taco and am currently trying to decide between several tire options. Please feel free to vote and I would like to hear your reason for choosing the option you did. My current candidates for rubber are:
1) Super Swamper Radial SSR
2) Cepek Mud Country
3) Goodyear Wrangler MTR Kevlar
4) Hankook Dynamic MT RT01
Old 03-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard those Goodyear MTR's are bulletproof!

They got my vote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply ColtsTRD. WOW, only one person bothered to reply, awesome. Guess I'll throw darts
Old 03-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
Out of those choices - Goodyear Wrangler MTR Kevlar
Old 03-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on my 2nd set of MTR Kevlars.
The first set was awesome. Got me through Moab, The Hammers, and The Rubicon.
Right about 45,000 out of my first set.

One of my faves..
Yeah, thats rock to rim...

MTR's are GTG
Old 03-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
What are they primarily for? Mud, rock, street, ice?
Old 03-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #7
blaine546 is on a distinguished road
Name: blaine
blaine546's Tacoma Gallery
kevlars!! i have nitto terra grapplers now, next set will most likley be the kevlars
Old 03-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
Dog slave

Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
What are they primarily for? Mud, rock, street, ice?
Hi Jamie-- a mixture I expect, but there will be a large amount of street time until such time as i dedicate the truck as primarily off roader (if that day ever comes)
Old 03-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #9
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
RiverBoyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I ran SSRs on my old Z71 in a 37.....decent road manners, great in mud, in rocks the larger gaps in tread picks up rocks very easily and they don't 'fling' off very well either. They do get loud when worn VERY LOUD. I would run that tire again if I did mid more often.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #10
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik65 View Post
Hi Jamie-- a mixture I expect, but there will be a large amount of street time until such time as i dedicate the truck as primarily off roader (if that day ever comes)
Alright well, I have out 22,000 km on MTR Kevlars. 315/75r16. They're good on the street. Prett much amazing on everything except ice. What size will you be running? 35s are pretty big and a little noisy if you're not wheeling a lot. I'd recommend them over those other choices.