Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TPMS Question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2013, 05:44 AM   #1
jdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Jimmy
jdhaas3's Tacoma Gallery
TPMS Question

Here is my dilemma....

I have a 2011 Tacoma TRD Sport. I put a lift on it and sold the factory wheels and tires. I had a set of trail team FJ wheels on the truck and I never had to reflash the ECU or anything nad never had a tpms problem.

I am going to sell the truck now and just put it back to stock. I purchashed another set of sport wheels and I dont know if they came off of a 4runner or a spot. The guy I bought them from had a 4runner but he had bought the wheels from somebody on craigslist. I put them on my truck and now I have a tpms warning light in. I know that the ECU can only store a certain number of TPMS number so at a minimum the ECU needs to reflashed to have the new numbers in it.

My concern is the fact that the part number for a Tacoma TPMS sensor is 42607-06011 and for a 4runner is 42607-33021. I just looked up the part number for the FJ wheels and the number is 42607-33011, so its more similar to that of the 4runner and I never had a problem with those wheels or sensors. I just want to make sure these sensors are compatible/interchangeable or if I need to punch a small child and purchase a new set. The dealership wants 123$ to reflash the ecu for the tpms sensors but I found a local tire shop that said they could do it for 55$. Thanks for your help!