1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TPMS Question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jdhaas3, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Mar 4, 2013 at 5:44 AM
    jdhaas3

jdhaas3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Jeep Rubicon
    Durango front bumper, Warn Dual Force Powerplant HP winch with synthetic line, 3.5 AE lift, regeared to 4.88, ARB diff cover
    Here is my dilemma....

I have a 2011 Tacoma TRD Sport. I put a lift on it and sold the factory wheels and tires. I had a set of trail team FJ wheels on the truck and I never had to reflash the ECU or anything nad never had a tpms problem.

I am going to sell the truck now and just put it back to stock. I purchashed another set of sport wheels and I dont know if they came off of a 4runner or a spot. The guy I bought them from had a 4runner but he had bought the wheels from somebody on craigslist. I put them on my truck and now I have a tpms warning light in. I know that the ECU can only store a certain number of TPMS number so at a minimum the ECU needs to reflashed to have the new numbers in it.

My concern is the fact that the part number for a Tacoma TPMS sensor is 42607-06011 and for a 4runner is 42607-33021. I just looked up the part number for the FJ wheels and the number is 42607-33011, so its more similar to that of the 4runner and I never had a problem with those wheels or sensors. I just want to make sure these sensors are compatible/interchangeable or if I need to punch a small child and purchase a new set. The dealership wants 123$ to reflash the ecu for the tpms sensors but I found a local tire shop that said they could do it for 55$. Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top