Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Newbie needs some advice on wheels/Lift!!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
NJDVLS is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
NJDVLS's Tacoma Gallery
Newbie needs some advice on wheels/Lift!!!

Hey guys im new here just bought a 2012 Tacoma Regular Cab 4X4 and i'm going to be doing a 3" Revtek lift (It's just an A to B so the lift is for look or I would do a full suspension lift vs spacers) I have some questions before I go through with buying everything and having ok4wd do the install.

1.) For the wheels I'm looking at Pro Comp 52 Rock Crawler series 16X8,
6 on 5.5 bolt pattern with a 4.5" BS - Is that correct BS?

2.) For tires i'm looking at BFG All-Terrain T/A KO LT265/75/R16 - To big?
To small? don't want to have to trim anything or rub.

3.) The lift I found (some hate it some love it) was the Revtek 3" lift
using spacers up front/blocks and ubolts in the rear

So I really just want to make sure that the backspacing is correct (thats what revtek reccomends with the lift) & That the tires wont rub but still look good
Old 03-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds fine. The tires will fit. Don't know how those tires run some may think they look a little small. Hit or miss in a 265 if they will look small or not as some run a little "beefier." I have 265 Duratracs and I think they look fine with a 3" lift. Also you don't have to be a serious off roader for a suspension lift. My truck sees mostly highway miles but the different shocks give me generally a nicer ride than stock.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:29 AM   #4

NJDVLS's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the answers guys! As far as the ProComp 52s not clearing the calipers, why dont they clear them? It's the same size wheel that comes stock on my truck except for the BS ofcourse.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDVLS View Post
Thanks for the answers guys! As far as the ProComp 52s not clearing the calipers, why dont they clear them? It's the same size wheel that comes stock on my truck except for the BS ofcourse.
No steel wheels clear the calipers on 2nd gens, except for wheelers steelies.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #6

NJDVLS's Tacoma Gallery
how come the wheelers steelies fit? whats different? And thanks for the heads up lol the wheelers steelies are nice im going to go with the 16x8 type A with the 4.5 BS
Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
willee51 is on a distinguished road

Navy: 2nd Class PO
willee51's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
The procomp 52s don't clear the calipers
I have a 2012 Tacoma Access cab, 4x4, and am having one hellofa time finding the "black" wheels I want, due to the "large" calipers on the f-wheels!

A real BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
how come the wheelers steelies fit? whats different? And thanks for the heads up lol the wheelers steelies are nice im going to go with the 16x8 type A with the 4.5 BS
The wheels ones fit because they specifically designed them to clear the tacoma calipers. Other other steel wheels don't have a big enough opening on the back to clear the calipers.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!! Your doing some great mods to your truck but the spacer lift is killing me.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #10
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
I too would suggest upgrading your suspension, not just lifting the truck. With a small truck like that, (regular cab) I would think that the spacers would make the ride almost unbearable. However, this is only a suggestion to maybe make you think a bit longer. Do what you want.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #11

NJDVLS's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys have any lift kits you suggest vs the spacers?? I don't really know of to many lol
Old 03-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #12
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you guys have any lift kits you suggest vs the spacers?? I don't really know of to many lol
Old man emu or the toytec ultimate lift kit
Old 03-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #13
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Toytec, go to wheelersoffroad.com. shop for 6 hrs...sleep, and spend. Haha.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #14
Fidel775 has a spectacular aura aboutFidel775 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Fidel
Fidel775's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
No steel wheels clear the calipers on 2nd gens, except for wheelers steelies.
You can always go with tundra 17in steelies. I love the look and fit perfect, no spacers.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #15

NJDVLS's Tacoma Gallery
What do you guys think about the Bilstein Adjustable lift kit with 5100 shocks for $649? I would get 1-1/2" lift with rear blocks & ubolts and be doing a 3" lift overall

Kit Includes:

Bilstein Adjustable lift kit with 5100 shocks for 2005 & UP Tacoma
1.5 to 3" lift kit with Eibach front coils (3" average lift is achieved with coils and setting the shock adjustment on the second C clip setting from the bottom) DO NOT EXCEED THIS SETTING OR DAMAGE CAN OCCUR
Double cab models may require top plate spacers for full 3" lift
Includes:
C475 Height adjustable Bilstein front 5100 shocks
TP14 spacer for correction of drivers side lean
112-620 Eibach/Toytec front coil springs 620lb spring rate
TAC-DR-05 Front diff drop kit (choose from options)
Rear Options: Choose below
TAC-AL Toytec standard 2" lift add-a-leafs with anti friction pads
TAC-AL-TSB Toytec TSB 1.5" add-a-leafs for use with 4 leaf rear springs
1 1/2" blocks with U-bolts
1" blocks with U-bolts
C476 rear Bilstein 5100 shocks
Old 03-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #16
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thats a good option but i would get a AAL and new rear shocks also. You can always do that later
Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #17

NJDVLS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Thats a good option but i would get a AAL and new rear shocks also. You can always do that later
Would the AAL make my ride really stiff though?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #18

Ya stiffer but blocks will prematurely wear your leaf springs
Old 03-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #19

NJDVLS's Tacoma Gallery
The kit comes with C476 rear Bilstein 5100 shocks and then you can either do the blocks or the AAL
Old 03-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #20
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel775 View Post
You can always go with tundra 17in steelies. I love the look and fit perfect, no spacers.
This is true. You can also use FJ steel wheels.

I should have said no aftermarket steel wheels fit, except wheelers.