Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

2013 steering vibration after wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
2013 steering vibration after wheels

hey guys I got my new Pro Comp 5001 17 by 9 install a few days ago now I am feeling my steering wheel vibrates at highway speeds I am guessing it is because of the wider wheel width do you think I should get an alignment or have 4 Wheel Parts rebalance them again thanks for the info guys

Edit additionally I have appointment at 3 o'clock with toyota about this but I want to see if I'd not need to bring it in not under warranty due to aftermarket wheels
Old 03-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Big Head
BigHeadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Rebalance and maybe rotate
Old 03-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHeadTaco View Post
Rebalance and maybe rotate
THIS AND CHECK YOUR FRONT END
Old 03-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for quick response dont want to get raped by toyota
Old 03-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #6

Cool bringing it in to 4wp later thanks men, chances of them f-ing it up again? ?
Old 03-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #7
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
If it was fine before the wheels and tires, I would take it back to 4WP and have them rebalance the setup and mount them on properly. This happens a lot with lug-centric wheels.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #8
MGMAddict is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
MGMAddict's Tacoma Gallery
my pro comps vibed figured out the hub bore was 108 on the wheel and tacoma is 106. Needed to get a 106-108mm hub ring now rides like glass.