1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tires shaking like crazy!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by cannonman93, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Mar 9, 2013 at 7:11 AM
    cannonman93

cannonman93 [OP] Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma access cab base
    I have a 09 access cab 2 wheel drive 92,000 miles, I bought new bilstien 4600 shocks and struts from 4 wheel parts and had them installed by a mech, tires shaking, I bought new tires 225/70/15, still shaking, I bought new MB TKO 8" wheels with the x lugs to seat the rims properly, still shaking. I have had two different mech look at it and both say nothing wrong?. I had all part numbers checked and everything is correct. Had tires balanced 3 times, still shaking!, last resort I am going to toyota monday. Any suggestions?... I am at a total loss!!!

2. Mar 9, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    This is a fairly common problem. It usually has to do with the aftermarket wheels not being HubCentric, like stock wheels are. Also, Road Force balancing of the tires have helped some.

Also, I want to see pics of a 15" wheel on an 09. :popcorn:

3. Mar 9, 2013 at 7:30 AM
    cannonman93

cannonman93 [OP] Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Road force balancing?.... the stock tires that came on the truck were, 205/75/15

4. Mar 9, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    My bad, I was assuming you had a 6 lug truck. I realize now that you have a 5 lugger.

Yes, Road Force Balancing is a pressure type tire balancing method that has solved the problem for many. It's not the common balancing type, you have to find a shop that does it. No guarantee that it will work, but it's an option. I eventually got lucky on my 07, and after a road force and a good alignment, the vibration was pretty much gone.

5. Mar 9, 2013 at 7:38 AM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    So it didn't shake until shocks and struts, or when did the shaking start?

If it started with shocks and struts I'd work backwards from there.

6. Mar 9, 2013 at 7:38 AM
    cannonman93

cannonman93 [OP] Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Ok, I love the truck but the shaking is driving me crazy, I will ask about the force balancing issue...

7. Mar 9, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    cannonman93

cannonman93 [OP] Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    It has had some shake with the new shocks but went off the deep end with the new tires and wheels. Both mech's that looked at the truck said the struts and shocks are not the issue. No bad front end parts either.....

Products Discussed in

To Top