Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Konig Six Shooters w/ 265/70R17 Michelin LTX A/T2 Pictures

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
Special Substitute Guest Member
cintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
cintocrunch's Tacoma Gallery
Konig Six Shooters w/ 265/70R17 Michelin LTX A/T2 Pictures

Please see below for pictures of my setup. I have a leveling kit in front and stock rear suspension. I didn't weigh anything but this combination felt about the same weight as the stock setup and I have not seen any mileage differences...The only problem I have with these wheels is they show how nasty looking the rear drums get so painting them is added to the list of Spring projects.

Wheel review: They were surprisingly lightweight, well packaged for shipping and all of the lug nuts, key, caps, and hubcentric rings were neatly packaged. They arrived spotless with not even a finger smudge on them. According to the tire installer they balanced perfectly with the weights behind the spokes. The purchase was smooth and easy with all of my questions quickly answered. Thank you Dustin at FN wheels for a quality experience and an excellent product! I look forward to new designs you bring to the market.

Tire review: These tires are great! With the leveling kit in front and the new wheels I get a little bit of rub on the mud flaps when going up or down a driveway or a bump at a couple mph. The tires have performed great in the heavy rain, couple inches of snow, slushy crap and icy mix we have had in MD this winter. The stock tires necessitated 4wd with any snow, these tires provide so much traction I rarely needed 4wd. The tread doesn't look that aggressive but they performed well at a local meet in DE. I got in a couple holes I wasn't sure I would be able to get out of but they pulled me out with no issue. They are a little louder than the stock tires on the highway but not loud enough to bother me (I drive 60 miles each day for work). I am hoping they last as long as promised so I don't have to replace them too often. They were purchased from Costco, who also mounted and balanced them. The pricing was good and the tires arrived at the local store in 2 days (they do not stock this size for this tire at this location). The guys even helped me with my crazy routine I needed to perform: take stock wheels w/ tires and new wheels, remove stock tires, swap over sensors, install new tires, place old wheels in the boxes that came with the Konig's and return my stock tires. Not that complicated, I know, but there were still no issues with all of those special requests.

On to the pics:

And one of them freshly dirty...

Old 03-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
looks smooth. i like the touch of vintage on the tailgate.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cintocrunch View Post
Please see below for pictures of my setup. I have a leveling kit in front and stock rear suspension. I didn't weigh anything but this combination felt about the same weight as the stock setup and I have not seen any mileage differences...The only problem I have with these wheels is they show how nasty looking the rear drums get so painting them is added to the list of Spring projects.
Your truck looks great with the Six Shooters! I wouldn't worry too much about the brake rotors. A little bit of this:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=419007_0_0_

and you'll be good to go!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
Whats your suspension set up?
He mentioned a leveling kit in the front and stock suspension in the rear.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
cintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
looks smooth. i like the touch of vintage on the tailgate.
Thanks...I am impressed with the Sockmonkey decal and the local member ST3VE's decals on the bedside...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
Whats your suspension set up?
Wheeler's leveling kit in the front and stock rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Your truck looks great with the Six Shooters! I wouldn't worry too much about the brake rotors. A little bit of this:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=419007_0_0_

and you'll be good to go!
Thanks, I really love the look I am getting with them...I will paint the rotors and drums this Spring...
Old 03-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #7
dboz is on a distinguished road
dboz's Tacoma Gallery
OK, looks nice. How about a tire review on ride etc. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboz View Post
OK, looks nice. How about a tire review on ride etc. Thanks.
I got so excited to post pictures I forgot...edited the original post with my initial impressions...
Old 12-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
davefollower is on a distinguished road
davefollower's Tacoma Gallery
What do your front Billies set at?
Old 01-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #10
monstajp is on a distinguished road

Name: joshua
monstajp's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful. I plan to run the exact same set up but with a readylift leveling kit. Love the wheels , and the white lettering on the tires. Where did you get the old-school toyota lettering on your tailgate?