Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire and wheel help

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #1
surfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant future

Army: MSC
Name: Ryan
surfryhder's Tacoma Gallery
Tire and wheel help

I am purchasing a 2013 tacoma trd offroad 4x4. I asked the dealer to install the lift. They want $1600 for the lift and an addition 1500 for tires. I can get them off tire rack for way less.

I live in Germany where I am stationed and the truck is getting shipped to me. I have to get it right. So I am going to order the tires.

What is the biggest tire you can fit on stock rims, no spacer, no trimming.

Also, if you have a wheel and tire selection/combo that will work without trimming I would love to here the suggestions..
Old 03-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Your questions are mis-leading. Are you getting a lift? What size? I wouldn't pay $1,600 for a spacer lift so I'm assuming its a drop bracket. Stock suspension you can cycle 265/75/16 & might have to remove the front mud flaps is about it depending on the tire manufacturer.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #3
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Look the only tire size you can fit on your truck lifted or stock is the size the truck has now!! When replacing the tires you may have to trim a little. Now.. 265/75/16 will fit on your stock suspension and rims, but you may need to take off the front mudflaps, maybe trim a small amount.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #4
surfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant futuresurfryhder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Your questions are mis-leading. Are you getting a lift? What size? I wouldn't pay $1,600 for a spacer lift so I'm assuming its a drop bracket. Stock suspension you can cycle 265/75/16 & might have to remove the front mud flaps is about it depending on the tire manufacturer.
Good point. I am getting a 3" suspension lift.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #5
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kelly
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
I have 265/75/16 DuraTracs and had no rubbing before lift. That's about as beefy as it gets without going MT. How much longer before your PCS? You are getting hammered on the cost and may be worth your time/money to wait. That is what I did and saved a lot of money for additional mods. Several dealers will price match tires, etc. The lift is another issue. Car care in Germany is very expensive and getting the lift installed will be outrageous. If you have to have it up front, make sure it is not just a spacer lift. Price looks like a ToyTec ULK and TSB or Dakars.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #6
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
265/75-16 fits on stock rims without modification, no need to remove mudflaps.

If you ran an aftermarket rim with less offset, mudflap removal with that size tire will be neceesary. However, you can install Huskyliner mudflaps with more clearance.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
I have 265/75/16 DuraTracs and had no rubbing before lift. That's about as beefy as it gets without going MT. How much longer before your PCS? You are getting hammered on the cost and may be worth your time/money to wait. That is what I did and saved a lot of money for additional mods. Several dealers will price match tires, etc. The lift is another issue. Car care in Germany is very expensive and getting the lift installed will be outrageous. If you have to have it up front, make sure it is not just a spacer lift. Price looks like a ToyTec ULK and TSB or Dakars.
I have 18 months before I PCS. I will call on Monday and get the exact specs on thrift. I'm getting hammered either way. With shipping and lift I will be $200.00 over MSRP. Normally one will not need a truck over here but I have a German hunting license and it was a pain in the ass stuffing dead animals in the back of my hoopty. Then I was not able to get into my lease when it snowed.