1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire and wheel help

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by surfryhder, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Mar 10, 2013 at 6:16 AM
    surfryhder

surfryhder [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Offroad 4X4
    I am purchasing a 2013 tacoma trd offroad 4x4. I asked the dealer to install the lift. They want $1600 for the lift and an addition 1500 for tires. I can get them off tire rack for way less.

I live in Germany where I am stationed and the truck is getting shipped to me. I have to get it right. So I am going to order the tires.

What is the biggest tire you can fit on stock rims, no spacer, no trimming.

Also, if you have a wheel and tire selection/combo that will work without trimming I would love to here the suggestions..

2. Mar 10, 2013 at 6:24 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Your questions are mis-leading. Are you getting a lift? What size? I wouldn't pay $1,600 for a spacer lift so I'm assuming its a drop bracket. Stock suspension you can cycle 265/75/16 & might have to remove the front mud flaps is about it depending on the tire manufacturer.

3. Mar 10, 2013 at 6:26 AM
    redtacoma88

redtacoma88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John Austin
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    See Build Page...
    Look the only tire size you can fit on your truck lifted or stock is the size the truck has now!! When replacing the tires you may have to trim a little. Now.. 265/75/16 will fit on your stock suspension and rims, but you may need to take off the front mudflaps, maybe trim a small amount.

4. Mar 10, 2013 at 6:32 AM
    surfryhder

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Offroad 4X4
    Good point. I am getting a 3" suspension lift.

5. Mar 10, 2013 at 6:33 AM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    I have 265/75/16 DuraTracs and had no rubbing before lift. That's about as beefy as it gets without going MT. How much longer before your PCS? You are getting hammered on the cost and may be worth your time/money to wait. That is what I did and saved a lot of money for additional mods. Several dealers will price match tires, etc. The lift is another issue. Car care in Germany is very expensive and getting the lift installed will be outrageous. If you have to have it up front, make sure it is not just a spacer lift. Price looks like a ToyTec ULK and TSB or Dakars.

6. Mar 10, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    265/75-16 fits on stock rims without modification, no need to remove mudflaps.

If you ran an aftermarket rim with less offset, mudflap removal with that size tire will be neceesary. However, you can install Huskyliner mudflaps with more clearance.

7. Mar 10, 2013 at 6:37 AM
    surfryhder

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Offroad 4X4
    I have 18 months before I PCS. I will call on Monday and get the exact specs on thrift. I'm getting hammered either way. With shipping and lift I will be $200.00 over MSRP. Normally one will not need a truck over here but I have a German hunting license and it was a pain in the ass stuffing dead animals in the back of my hoopty. Then I was not able to get into my lease when it snowed.

Products Discussed in

To Top