Notices

New Wheels, Tires and Backspacing

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
KCMOrange is on a distinguished road
Name: Stephen
KCMOrange's Tacoma Gallery
New Wheels, Tires and Backspacing

I'm needing some help to ensure the wheel / tire combo will work for my 07 4x4(no lifts). I've done a ton of reading trying to figure it out but worried i may have misread. A couple on here have the rims, but not sure if any modifications where used to get them to work

I"m looking at American Outlaw Buckshots:
16 in. x 8.0 in., 6 x 5.50 in. Bolt Circle, 4.263 in. Back Space

Any reasons this wouldn't work for my current 245/70/16 (plan on getting 265/75/16 in the future)?

My worry is about the 8 inch width and the 4.263 backspacing, no real idea if that will cause a problem or not.

Thanks for any help. Just trying to get this bought before my wife figures out there is no real reason to buy 4 new rims if she only damaged one!
Old 03-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
You should be good to go. You might have to remove your mud flaps and do a little plastic trimming on the liner, but besides that you're good.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
KCMOrange is on a distinguished road
Name: Stephen
KCMOrange's Tacoma Gallery
thanks SCS, really appreciate it.

Now i'm hoping to get a couple more confirmations before i drop the $$.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCMOrange View Post
thanks SCS, really appreciate it.

Now i'm hoping to get a couple more confirmations before i drop the $$.
i think you can trust SCS.... :P