Notices

New tire advice

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
raybin is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Pilot
raybin's Tacoma Gallery
New tire advice

For my first post I need TW advice? I am debating what tires to buy. I want 285/75r16 or 33s.

First...what should I get? (I know very broad question) I am looking at mud terrains, especially MT/r Kevlar, bf Goodrich MT, general grabbers (red lettering), even Nitto or Toyos. Again very broad but looking for opinions.

Second with wheel selections, how do choose the right rim size for wider tires? I know I will have 16 inch rims and the lugs will be (I believe 6x5.5)
Old 03-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
The MT/R isn't a mud terrain, it stands for multi terrain radial, it's more of an aggressive (really aggressive) all terrain, same with the red letters. Along with the lift, you need to cut, trim, chop and hammer away to make them fit & flex, assuming you have a 3" lift that is.

It really depends on what you will do with your truck, the difference between a 285/75 and a 33" tire is negligible.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
What size 33" are you looking at? 285/75/16s are considered 33s
Old 03-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
raybin is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Pilot
raybin's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure on the 33". I don't need a super wide tire, I guess it is more about prices out there and which is better for wheeling.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
RDtres is on a distinguished road
RDtres's Tacoma Gallery
I went with trd 16" wheels to keep offset similar to oem and 285/75/16 BFG TKO's. Im very pleased but the E rating is overkill. Ten ply for my lil taco. Id also look at the wrangler duratracs, theyre amazing in snow ice and rain. Good luck.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #6
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
33 12.50 Toyo MT/s. You will not be dissappointed.