Notices

Swapping tire size

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
justindavis is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
justindavis's Tacoma Gallery
Swapping tire size

I am currently running 265/70r16 stock BFG all terrain. I need new tires, and I am looking at the 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler authority. I do not currently have any plans to swap my stock wheels. Will the difference in size matter?
Old 03-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
No
Old 03-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Explain what you mean by ''matter''. In short, as posted above no. Will it throw off your speedometer? Yes, but barely. Search tire size calculator and it will address that. Will it change the way your truck drives on road? The biggest noticeable difference will come from tread pattern, not size in this case. Keeps on going on and on and on. Just do it and enjoy it. They are only tires.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
It will fit and look better. Go for it.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
275/70r17's on stock Sport rims. No problems
Old 03-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
OldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud of

Army: Desert Storm Vet.
Name: Adam
OldGeezer42's Tacoma Gallery
Just put on Hankook Dynapro ATMs , I had looked at the Goodyear's , But I'm very happy with my selection used them in some mud pulling a trailer they did very good job, I have the 265/75/16 on TRD wheels .