Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

16" Tundra Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #22
JDM is on a distinguished road
Name: Jimmy
JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Just grabbed a set of four of these in excellent shape last night for $60 with lug nuts and center caps, but no TPMS sensors.

I have a set of GY MTRs (the ones before the Kevlars) in 265/75 which will go on them for whenever the crappy Rugged Trails are done (which won't be long from the looks - they appear to be a cheap tire).

Thanks for this thread - I'm new to the Toyota world and those rims really appealed to me, so I've been on the lookout ever since.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #23
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
That's a great deal....

Dang....

And to have the lug nuts also.

Don't forget pictures man!

I am going to go to DT this weekend and see how much they will be willing to give me for my smoking new Dunlops for Cooper ATP on my TRD Tundra wheels,

part of me really wants to keep the TPMS though, I shall ask them.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #24
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be going by DT this coming Monday I think and asking what they can work me up if I trade in my new 2013 tires, they only have 100 miles on em, Lol...

I figured I may be able to walk out of there with a set of 265/75/R16 Cooper ATP tires for under 400, I'll let you all know.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #25
B.S. Goodwrench

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
SO I visited DT today and asked about the Cooper ATPs they sell,

Well with only 300 or so miles on my 2013 tires they will give me 250 towards the cost, which is pretty good,

Thing is they said due to a Federal law they can't mount the tires on my TRD Tundra wheels unless they install the clonable sensors, This is if they are installing the wheel/tire combos on the vehicle before it leaves their shop. But they offered me the cloned sensors for 200 bucks, normal is 60 each,

I like the idea of a Cooper ATP set for 384 dollars out the door. But the clonable sensors would give me sensors in both sets.

I just really wanted them on my TRD Tundra wheels, lol...

I am not sure how to proceed, I mean the Dunlops would get me by another year and I could put the 400 towards cruise control, and fog lights, which the cruise would be great in this little truck. There is nothing wrong with my new tires, we just wanna spend money and mod our trucks, Lol...

I'm thinking of waiting and maybe early Jan or Feb take them the TRD Tundra wheels and have them put the Coopers on em then, he said as long as they aren't going on a vehicle he can mount and balance tires w/out TPMS valve stems all day long.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #27
JDM is on a distinguished road
Name: Jimmy
JDM's Tacoma Gallery
I won't be mounting and installing mine until the current tires are worn out.