Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

16" Tundra Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #1
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
16" Tundra Wheels

I'm wondering if anyone knows about these wheels.

I have a '12 TRD OR.
Saw a set of these on craigslist for cheap and I'm wondering if they'll fit my truck.
Also curious if anyone knows the backspacing of these wheels. IOW will they allow me to run 285s without a spacer?
Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
16" Tundra Wheels-3g33l13j35fb5m85jcd3je541183abc351840.jpg  
Old 03-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

good deal?

seller is asking $150 for all 4 with centercaps and lugnuts

sounds reasonable to me... good deal?

Oh and I seem to remember something about the OR having larger calipers and sometimes having trouble with some 16" wheels clearing?

my stock wheels are 16" though so.....
Old 08-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
I may have found me a set of these for my 2012 RC 4x4,

From my reading being a 1st Gen Tundra wheel it should have @ 4.75" back spacing, and my stock 16x7 steel wheels have @ 5.25" back spacing, or is it 5.5"

They should widen my stance @ 1 inch at each wheel correct?
Old 08-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWMF View Post
I may have found me a set of these for my 2012 RC 4x4,

From my reading being a 1st Gen Tundra wheel it should have @ 4.75" back spacing, and my stock 16x7 steel wheels have @ 5.25" back spacing, or is it 5.5"

They should widen my stance @ 1 inch at each wheel correct?
Yes.

Thank you for reviving a dead thread, but yes. They'll push out about an inch over stock.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #7
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks,

I'm actually on my way to go get them right now.

Should I have started a new one?

I thought it was always best to not start a new thread unless really needed,

My bad if I was wrong,
Old 08-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #8
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Just post pics of said wheels installed on your truck and all will be forgiven.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #9
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
Just post pics of said wheels installed on your truck and all will be forgiven.
X2 those tundra wheels are a bit of a rarity. Sorta like 3rd gen 4runner 5 spokes. And I love em both
Old 08-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #10
B.S. Goodwrench

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
And the thing is I had found a set of the 4runner ones but felt the spokes were to thick for a regular cab, lol...

And they were only 200 bucks,

I really hope these look s good as I think they will!

Now comes the fun part of choosing the tires!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #11
B.S. Goodwrench

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Picked em up with worn out tires,

Spent a few hours cleaning them up after a local gas station only charged me 20 bucks to remove the rubber for me, I figured the old TPM Sensors are shot, I don't want them in there anyway, so out they came,

You get the look I am going for here, and with the added offset I am really thinking they will look great and original.
I haven't seen but one other Tacoma with these wheels on them,

I really don't think they deserve to be mounted to my stock Dunlops,
I am really leaning towards a set of Cooper Discoverers in 265/75/R16,

Old 08-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #12
MichelinMan

Those are going to look sharp!

I never did end up getting the one's I was looking at.

The guy got a bunch of calls and tried to start a bidding war so I told him to pound sand.

I did end up with a set of aftermarket wheels with a good offset though, so it's all good.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:54 AM   #13
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Those do look great and would look even better mounted on some Hankook Dynapros or Cooper tires
Old 08-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #15
B.S. Goodwrench

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
I may, however I just got a quote from a place close to my work that has the
P version of the Cooper Discoverer AT, mounted and balanced for four is 593.13,

Old 08-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #16
Hawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Hawaiian05's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribing to this thread! I recently picked up a set on cragies for $100, but have not mounted yet. I'm anxious to see what yours will look like once mounted up!

I've only been able to find 1 pic of them mounted on a tacoma...
Attached Thumbnails
16" Tundra Wheels-img_7351.jpg  
Old 08-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #17
B.S. Goodwrench

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
And that is a Gen-1, I have always liked the wheel,
I thing the spokes compliment the truck, and funny thing is with the new edges and angles of the front grille on the 2013-2014 models the spokes have a triangle type shape one the ends, it's subtle but i really hope it turns out well.

I am SO ready to get these on my truck but am going to wait for one more paycheck,

I found the Cooper AT tires I want at Discount for barely over 600 M&B,

However I can get the AT3 for about that also, I am very curious why Discount Tire doesn't have the AT3.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #18
Hawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Hawaiian05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And that is a Gen-1, I have always liked the wheel,
I thing the spokes compliment the truck, and funny thing is with the new edges and angles of the front grille on the 2013-2014 models the spokes have a triangle type shape one the ends, it's subtle but i really hope it turns out well.

I am SO ready to get these on my truck but am going to wait for one more paycheck,

I found the Cooper AT tires I want at Discount for barely over 600 M&B,

However I can get the AT3 for about that also, I am very curious why Discount Tire doesn't have the AT3.

Yes, unfortunately I haven't been able to find any pics of this wheel on a second gen, only 1st gen and some 4runners.

I think the design will definitely compliment your truck! Plus, I absolutely love the newest face lift that the 2nd gens received.

Be sure to post a pic once they're on! Im in the same boat as you with waiting for tires...
Old 08-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #19
B.S. Goodwrench

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I will, I have some pictures also to show the offset difference,

I called yesterday and the guys at DT, (Discount Tire) were telling me they have their own Cooper Discoverer ATP, he reported to many complaints from the A/T3??? The reason I had called was that they didn't have the A/T3 on their site, i was curious why?

He wants me to come by and they might be able to give me a few bucks off if I have decent tread on my tires, lol...

I am glad they really want to sell me a set of tires.

If anyone can shed some light on the A/T3 versus Discount Tires ATP I am all ears....

In the SUV not LT size of 265/75/R16
Old 08-24-2013, 05:51 AM   #20
mach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
mach1man001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh I will, I have some pictures also to show the offset difference,

I called yesterday and the guys at DT, (Discount Tire) were telling me they have their own Cooper Discoverer ATP, he reported to many complaints from the A/T3??? The reason I had called was that they didn't have the A/T3 on their site, i was curious why?

He wants me to come by and they might be able to give me a few bucks off if I have decent tread on my tires, lol...

I am glad they really want to sell me a set of tires.

If anyone can shed some light on the A/T3 versus Discount Tires ATP I am all ears....

In the SUV not LT size of 265/75/R16

I really don't know the differences but I know someone who had and loved the Cooper ATR but got a warranty because of dry rot so they gave him a set of AT3's and he hated them. He said they wandered all over the road. He even had his alignment checked twice. GL and maybe check out the Toyo AT2's