LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheel Advice

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel Advice

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help for finding my new set of wheels. I'd like to give you a little bit of information on the way I like to drive / driving environment and the truck itself.

Truck Specs:

2012 v6 sr5 (2wd)
truck leveled off at 3 inches
currently all stock wheels, tires - 16x8 i believe.

Driving Specs:

6 miles to work 1 way. All streets. Nothing special. Truck will obviously never see dirt or anything of the likes. Is very street queenish.

My two cents:

I really like how my truck feels right now but i hate how it looks. I want bigger wheels now that I got the lift this week - but I dont need super unnecessary offroad tread (for obvious reasons).

Suggestions? Thanks everyone!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevoh View Post
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help for finding my new set of wheels. I'd like to give you a little bit of information on the way I like to drive / driving environment and the truck itself.

Truck Specs:

2012 v6 sr5 (2wd)
truck leveled off at 3 inches
currently all stock wheels, tires - 16x8 i believe.

Driving Specs:

6 miles to work 1 way. All streets. Nothing special. Truck will obviously never see dirt or anything of the likes. Is very street queenish.

My two cents:

I really like how my truck feels right now but i hate how it looks. I want bigger wheels now that I got the lift this week - but I dont need super unnecessary offroad tread (for obvious reasons).

Suggestions? Thanks everyone!
Stock wheels are 16x7.

You want bigger wheels, or bigger tires? (Or both)

Are you willing to trim your fender well to fit them?
Old 03-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
crazyasu45 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
crazyasu45's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to jack ur thread...Hey KPT I have a 3" lift and 265/65/17's stockers on my truck now...I want to fit 285/70/17 with 17x9 wheel and a -12 offset...It looks like I have 3-1/2" of clearance on both sides of wheel well and lots of room above...I will remove the front guards and flaps...do you think I can get away with minimal triming and not have to do CMC...this is my daily driver and hardly sees any offroading...Thanks for your advice...
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Advice-tire.jpg   Wheel Advice-tire1.jpg  
Old 03-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Stock wheels are 16x7.

You want bigger wheels, or bigger tires? (Or both)

Are you willing to trim your fender well to fit them?

both.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
You could go with 275/65/18 or 285/65/18 if you are willing to trim.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyasu45 View Post
Sorry to jack ur thread...Hey KPT I have a 3" lift and 265/65/17's stockers on my truck now...I want to fit 285/70/17 with 17x9 wheel and a -12 offset...It looks like I have 3-1/2" of clearance on both sides of wheel well and lots of room above...I will remove the front guards and flaps...do you think I can get away with minimal triming and not have to do CMC...this is my daily driver and hardly sees any offroading...Thanks for your advice...
You'll definitely need to trim to fit those. CMC is hit or miss with that setup.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #7
Tarpon24 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frankie
Tarpon24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevoh View Post
both.
20's or 22's and toyo open countrys 33/12.5r? cause the chicks dig it
Old 03-25-2013, 01:36 AM   #8
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyasu45 View Post
With aftermarket uca cmc is mandatory along with pinch weld hammering. Without, you better have undersized 285s or its rubbing.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #9
Jdd1091 is on a distinguished road
Jdd1091's Tacoma Gallery
I did a 2 1/2" lift on a 2011 DC.

275x65x18 on 18x9 wheels fit perfect. No rubbing and kept the mudflaps.