1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

265 70R 16 Vs. 245 75R 16

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by otis24, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Mar 22, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    otis24

otis24 [OP] Hard Shell Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    California
    Vehicle:
    OtisBound Outdoors Bodonkadonk
    OtisBound Bodonkadonk
    I'm thinking about replacing my General Grapper AW's that came on my truck. They do okay on the road and actually have been okay on dirt. Although, I haven't taken them on anything super slippery. I'm hesitant to air them down less than 25psi because it looks like a bit of the tire is riding on the sidewall and I'm not so sure how tough the sidewalls are on the General Grabber AW's.

In my opinion one of the downsides to the all terrain style tire I'm thinking of getting is that they weigh 15 pounds or more than my current tires. I'm not sure how much of an impact this will have on my mpg, but I'm sure it's not all that good. So I thought what if I get a narrower tire with a larger aspect ratio? The outside diameter is only slightly less, the width is .79" smaller.

This is what the tire calculator came up with

[​IMG]

Will these fit on my 2003 Tacoma V6 TRD 4X4 stock rims? Does my reasoning make sense or should I just stick with the stock size? Also I have a minimal 2.5" lift via Bilstien 5100's a rear AAL.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. Mar 22, 2013 at 7:23 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Make sure the tires you're looking at are compatable with the wheel width you have. Otherwise, at least for 2nd Gens, both of the tire sizes you listed are stock sizes. As long as the wheel isn't too wide for the 245 series tire, I see no reason why you can't go with that sized tire.

3. Mar 22, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    otis24

otis24 [OP] Hard Shell Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    California
    Vehicle:
    OtisBound Outdoors Bodonkadonk
    OtisBound Bodonkadonk

Good Point, I wasn't considering that not all tires are exactly the same even if they are the same size.

4. Mar 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Please remember tire calculations are meaningless. One particular 245/75 could be taller than another 265/70. Look at actual sizes of the tires you are interested in.

Products Discussed in

To Top