Starfire Radial A/T's

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
gnstpd is on a distinguished road

Army: Retrans Team Cheif
Name: Lee
gnstpd's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Starfire Radial A/T's

Changed out my Dunlops (245/75r16) for some slightly used Starfire A/t's (265/70/r16) And since I have never heard of this brand, I thought I would give my Review. This is on a 2WD Prerunner.

Asphalt/Road: Good traction, Handles great when turning. Shake like hell at speeds between 55-60/63 MPH. After I pass the 65MPH mark they seem to even out, no more shake ( may be a balance issue, will check it out this weekend) Low noise.

Dirt Road/Compacted Dirt: at 35MPH and lower they handle great grab onto everything to keep the truck on a straight line. At higher speeds they seem to slide a lot more than I want them to but as long as I compensate, its all good.

Loose sand and hills will be tested this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Starfire Radial A/T's-20421.jpg  
Old 03-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
With that much siping they look like a winter/ice tire. Should have excellent grip on the rocks.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #3

gnstpd's Tacoma Gallery
they grip everything, ran up couple sand hill this weekend. As long as I didn't gun it, I made it up just fine.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #4

gnstpd's Tacoma Gallery
update on the road: been driving around for a few weeks now and the ass end is much more easy to whip around( slides a lot on hard take offs in turns) but still no control issues